Ready for the second round

Cara Mia

• HearPeers Heroes

I am happy to share with you that the next Wednesday I am going to have my second surgery.

And, instead of thinking that some quite invasive procedure is awaiting for me I feel as a secret portal to a new beautiful world is about to open to me. Crazy :P

Interesting, if I am going to be lucky again to have a next to nothing recovery period as it was after my first surgery.

• HearPeers Heroes

Great Cara! How exciting for you. I have been wondering when you would get the good news.

My CI process is going well. My audi was impressed by my progress. I get frustrated sometimes because I want it all now! I have to keep reminding myself where I came from just a little over 3 months ago. Need patience. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Long time no talking Cara! I'm very excited for you!! Best of luck. Hope things are going well for you otherwise!! Hope the dogs are well. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you, girls.

Kay, I am glad that you are doing well with your new ear. Sometimes our frustration is caused by our potential.... We just know that we can do it even better. You will be better for sure. Sometimes I feel like I got some step back... but it is always before a good leap forward :)

Kara, I know that I disappear for a long time. Feel guilty :) But cannot get back on my track after summer fun and craziness. My dogs are well, thank you. Now they both can stay home alone without crate without any problem. How are you doing? I know you are still waiting for a decision on your second implant. Is there any advancements?

Thank you all of you for your support. Will keep you posted about my new adventure.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Cara I'm well for the most part. I can't wait to hear when and if they will do my second implant. I'm going in for a hysterectomy on Monday been having some real issues with this area.  Otherwise I'm good and all is well here in Canada!! Lol 

• HearPeers Heroes
On 21/10/2016 at 5:07 AM, Cara Mia said:

Thank you, girls.

Kay, I am glad that you are doing well with your new ear. Sometimes our frustration is caused by our potential.... We just know that we can do it even better. You will be better for sure. Sometimes I feel like I got some step back... but it is always before a good leap forward :)

Kara, I know that I disappear for a long time. Feel guilty :) But cannot get back on my track after summer fun and craziness. My dogs are well, thank you. Now they both can stay home alone without crate without any problem. How are you doing? I know you are still waiting for a decision on your second implant. Is there any advancements?

Thank you all of you for your support. Will keep you posted about my new adventure.

Also thinking for some time - where did you disappeared, only catching myself at the same mouse trap :P 

Great news!!! Will keep my fingers crossed - again. :)  

• HearPeers Heroes
On 21/10/2016 at 6:02 PM, Kara of Canada said:

Hi Cara I'm well for the most part. I can't wait to hear when and if they will do my second implant. I'm going in for a hysterectomy on Monday been having some real issues with this area.  Otherwise I'm good and all is well here in Canada!! Lol 

Ouch... :( Ok, I do not like this news... Hoping everything will pass well... Thinking on you! ^_^

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara, I wish all will be easy for you on Monday. I hope it will be a laparoscopic surgery. The positive side of this - you will get reed of nasty things that bothered you. And another thing is all women are always happy to lose a couple pounds which that surgery will do for you :)

You know, the more stuff we have inside, the more potential problem we face. So, why not to start dumping that for good/ Good luck and keep us posted.

Good-Luck-Balloons.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow  Kara. l've been there and you will feel so much better! Blessings 

• HearPeers Heroes

It went well everyone!!  Well not lapriscopically but and open hip-to-hip  Scar. Which will heal in time. For now I am home and and resting thanks all for your thoughts. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Good to know that you are fine Kara! ???

• HearPeers Heroes

My surgery went fast and easy like it was for the first time. seems that some of my residual hearing was preserved. Perhaps, it will be even more after swelling is gone. My activation is scheduled in 7 days on this Wednesday. Will add my pics before and after soon.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

This Is great news Cara!! Hope that you are feeling well. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks, Kara. I do feel surprisingly well. Again, feel like I cheated with the surgery ??

• HearPeers Heroes

Lol! We are all unique. Best of luck on your second activation tomorrow!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad you're doing well, Kara. You got the same cut I did. My surgeon calledit a bikini cut. Rest and don't try to do to much.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara, I wrote that post to you and somehow never sent it? ? Hope you're healing well.

• HearPeers Heroes

Lol! Kay I have had three previous c-sections so he used the same icision site. After a failed lapriscope. The bladder and uterus were stuck together. So he needed to go in! 

• HearPeers Heroes

ouch! My gynecologist said he gave me a bikini cut ?Never wore one in my life!  lol At this point it doesn't look like I ever will. My torso looks like a road map to nowhere! ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Hey, girls! You are so fancy with all that lines :)

My news, I could understand speech and music  right after activation. But speech sounds weird, music is closer to real hearing. And my brain take the sounds from both ears separately, so I kind of have a double channeled hearing. But it works for me just fine. Spent two days at work with no problem. Can use my phone  only with my first ear, but I am pretty sure that the second ear will catch up pretty shortly.

My audi told me that the next Friday she has a training to learn how to use the second mic with Sonnet. Sounds we are going to get it available soon.

• Like 1