New to Heer Peers, Hello from Delaware!

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara, 

lim very happy that you are even on the list. Remember back when you thought there wasn't a way?

just be patient and start looking forward to hearing in stereo :)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Megan L.

• Mary Beth

• Kara of Canada

• Valentin

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday marked the two years since my activation. Two years since I returned to the world of sounds. It was hard, but it was worth.

@Mary Beth  I experienced a bit of a digital detox this last week! My parents got a house in Rohoboth, DE and they failed to mention just how FAR REMOVED from civilization I'd be.....there was no

Things are going well @Megan L.  speech is up there now and still working on it. I’m not loving the testing I get since I’m in a study group with my new ear. But that’s ok. Someone has to do it so tha

Posted Images

• HearPeers Heroes

I can't wait! My other ear is slowing way down and not hearing much. I want so bad to have stereo sound. For hololocation. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Not sure what you mean by "slowing way down and not hearing much". If the hearing is getting worse, you might need to go see your Audi for a mapping to figure out what is going on. 

• HearPeers Heroes

In the unimplated ear that is. I have almost no speech comp in that ear with a HA.Otherwise I'm good. Thanks Adam. I needed to clarify that. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Thought that's what you were talking about! I feel your pain on the barely there speech comp - mine was zero before I got the implant. It's frustrating and I think to myself how did I manage?! In 2018, that will be all behind you and we can celebrate ???

• HearPeers Heroes

For sure. I'm excited this year will fly by as usual. I will try to keep myself more busy and out and about. Before I got my implant I slipped into a dark depression. I felt totally out of control with my life as I was in the dark about a surgery date for my implant. They didn't notify me till 5 weeks before surgery. I couldn't go places because I couldn't hear people. It was bad. I'm determined not to get back to that place. So here's to a happy year with mostly good hearing. To better hearing in the next!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

This year will definitely fly by! Keeping yourself busy will be the best way to keep your mind off of it. Have any plans yet? 

I'm so sorry to hear you fell into a dark depression. I can't imagine but I do hope you are doing 100% better. I hope the implant was able to bring some light to that darkness you felt.

Stay positive and focused on the good things yet to come for you Kara! ? And yes better hearing this year and even better next ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Most definitely Kara. I know the feeling. Standing in the middle of 1400 people and being totally alone. 

Good news is, we now can fully participate in a hearing lifestyle

• HearPeers Heroes

It sure is. I'm having an issue currently with my map but have an appointment to get it adjusted next week. Frustrating when I can't solve it on my own. But oh well. 

• HearPeers Heroes

They are great! Yes Megan my first thing on the list is I'm taking the train to visit my great uncle and his wife. He is 91 and doesn't get many visitors. My first train ride too!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

I love train rides Kara!!! Have fun ? And bring your camera or use your phone to take pics of the scenery. How long is the ride? I'm sure your great uncle and his wife will love seeing you. 

Kind of random but I was in Penn Station (I visited NYC for the day) last week and the announcements were so clear! I've been in Penn Station 3 times before and I never understood the announcements - I always looked for the captions. It was awesome to be able to understand them clearly ? Mini victory! Haha.

• Like 2
  • HearPeers Heroes

Megan

that is awesome! Penn announcements can have a bit of an echo. What a great wow moment. I know there will be many more.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks you guys! It was definitely a WOW moment ?

Kara that is SO true! These moments happen out of nowhere and when we least expect it! 

Cheers to many more WOW moments ??

• HearPeers Heroes

Well Megan my rechargeables have finally arrived!! I will try them out when they finish charging. Any words of wisdom on the use of them? I got three standards. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Yay!!! I like the rechargeable batteries. I have 2 standards and 2 micros. So I charge them all up and start the day with the standard and get about 10 - 11 hours out of them and then I switch to the micro which is roughly 6-7 hours. If I'm going anywhere I will bring the micro in a little pouch as well as the disposable batteries just in case ? 

Enjoy your new standard rechargeables Kara! ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Are the rechargeables a new thing?!

I thought everyone had them for the Sonnet and previous BTE...?