New to Heer Peers, Hello from Delaware!

• HearPeers Heroes

Megan

the opus 2 processors had rechargeable batteries with the decapo charging unit. Each battery lasted around 15 hours. 

When the sonnet processor was released, the rechargeable batteries were in the works but were not quite ready to be released.

they now have been released but it is basically a supply demand issue. They are getting them out as fast as they can get produced, they just have MANY people waiting. We will all get caught up soon enough

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Megan L.

• Mary Beth

• Kara of Canada

• Valentin

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday marked the two years since my activation. Two years since I returned to the world of sounds. It was hard, but it was worth.

@Mary Beth  I experienced a bit of a digital detox this last week! My parents got a house in Rohoboth, DE and they failed to mention just how FAR REMOVED from civilization I'd be.....there was no

Things are going well @Megan L.  speech is up there now and still working on it. I’m not loving the testing I get since I’m in a study group with my new ear. But that’s ok. Someone has to do it so tha

Posted Images

• HearPeers Heroes

Ohhhhh I see. I didn't know that. You all must have been going through disposable batteries like crazy!! You will definitely like the rechargeables ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Depend how you see. 

How is the price of rechargeable battery and how many time do you have it without need to buy a new one?

• HearPeers Heroes

The Sonnet rechargeable batteries were part of our Sonnet kits but not yet available, so many of us received vouchers for free kits when they became available.  New kits now have the rechargeable batteries included in the US.  The manual says they can be recharged 500 times.  I read online that number of recharges typically refers to total recharge (from empty to full) and that recharging from half full would count as 1/2 of a recharge but I'm not sure if that is correct or not.

• HearPeers Heroes

Very interesting, Mary Beth, about the technical details of the rechargeable battery ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Marybeth, 

that is how I understand it. I also read that it is better to use all the battery power before switching and putting on charge as I read the same 500 charges before the life of the battery really starts to diminish. 

Yes I didn't mention that those of us not new implantees got vouchers for the batteries as they are part of the kit. If a person upgraded, like me, the u.s. Office is notified and it was put in the system for the batteries to be sent when available and at no charge as they were part of the upgrade. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Marybeth, 

that is how I understand it. I also read that it is better to use all the battery power before switching and putting on charge as I read the same 500 charges before the life of the battery really starts to diminish. 

Yes I didn't mention that those of us not new implantees got vouchers for the batteries as they are part of the kit. If a person upgraded, like me, the u.s. Office is notified and it was put in the system for the batteries to be sent when available and at no charge as they were part of the upgrade. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Valentin, you would need to contact your Medel customer service rep as they would have the price where you live. 

I think each person would be different as far as how long the battery would last. It would depend on

1) how long do you wear your processors each day?

2) how often would you use disposable batteries? 

3) how much time do you use assistive listening technology?

each of these factors will affect the life of the batteries each day requiring more or less charging depending on your lifestyle. This in turn will have an impact on the life of the batteries. 

Once you get your batteries, I would contact your Medel representative right then to find out the cost of the standard and micro battery. Once you get that figure, start saving a little money each week. This way, by the time you need the batteries, you might have all the money you need to purchase them in full or at least have enough saved to where it isn't that big of a burden to buy them. 

Also try to purchase them through your health insurance. If they can help, that is great. If not, at least you know but do have money put aside to cover it

• HearPeers Heroes

Well see Megan. The old fogies here that had opus2 they had rechargeables for them. They are the older model of processor. Sonnet is the latest tech released by med el for cochlear implants. So they now are releasing the rechargeables for the sonnet. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm surprised they are just releasing the rechargeables for the Sonnet. I thought the Sonnet had been available for at least a year ? In November I received the whole kit including the rechargeable batteries for the Sonnet, so I just thought everyone else did too! Glad Med El is finally catching up and getting the rechargeables to everybody ? Now you can save some money and not buy disposable batteries as often!

• HearPeers Heroes

Megan

they have been out for a little while now. There are just a whole bunch of orders to fill. The sonnet is such an awesome processor that had some new features that were going to make a big difference in people's lives, I guess they didn't want to wait on the rechargeable battery, instead opting to get the processor in the hands of the recipients. They (rechargeables)  weren't vital to the function of the processor as disposable was an option, so I assume they opted to launch sonnet. 

This is just my thought, I have not been told by Medel their motivation for releasing the products the way they did

• HearPeers Heroes

I actually didn't pay for any disposable batteries. Med el supplied them all. Even when I almost ran out they sent me some more. I actually didn't mind changing them every three days. It will be interesting to see how long the rechargeables last for me. 

• HearPeers Heroes

They gave everybody 300 or so batteries to help hold everyone over until the rechargeables were available

• HearPeers Heroes

I can get the same brand that MEDEL sent us, on Amazon for pretty cheap. I didnt bother asking for more

• HearPeers Heroes

I can get the same brand that MEDEL sent us, on Amazon for pretty cheap. I didnt bother asking for more

• HearPeers Heroes

I've been using the standard size rechargeable batteries for two months.  Started with 10.5 hours and now is 10 hours.  That includes several hours of neckloop usage.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow!

thats pretty good Mary Beth. The assistive listening tech can drain mine ( disposable) pretty quickly

• HearPeers Heroes

I think the rechargeables are really good overall. They give a good 10-12 hours even with assistive devices like Mary Beth mentioned. 

Adam - I think you will like yours when you get them!

• HearPeers Heroes

I think the rechargeables are really good overall. They give a good 10-12 hours even with assistive devices like Mary Beth mentioned. 

Adam - I think you will like yours when you get them!

• HearPeers Heroes

I have no created my journay at first. Megan and me are surgered and connected at same time and I was creating my journay here. I don't know If I must crete my journay separatelly or not.

By the moment I continue here If Megan don't worry about it. If HearMaster in community think about create my own journay post, please let me know.

My audi scheduled the appointment for next week to first mapping. I hope improve my audition with voices. They continue terribles.

• HearPeers Heroes

Valentin you can post here! Our journeys started around the same time, so I'm sure everyone would like to know how you're progressing as well ?

Thats great you have a scheduled date now for your first mapping! After your first adjustment, I really think you will hear better ?