About dehumidifier with Rondo

Valentin

• HearPeers Heroes

A quiestion with dehumidifier use. 

user manual translation is not precise and can confuse on use of this.

Must I open Rondo battery pack every night to put on desumidifier, extract batteries completely from dehumidifier?

• HearPeers Heroes

Med-El says that disposable batteries can stay in.  We are supposed to open up the Rondo and lay both pieces in the dry kit.  I lay mine in the kit with opened sides up.

• HearPeers Heroes

Mary, this afternoon I was speaking with MED EL in Spain about dehumidifier for some doubts about translation to spanish language and they say me the follow:

- The processor must be separated from the battery pack. In this way we will facilitate the entry of hot air through all the points of each of the pieces. We know this. but they explain me why. In add they recommend to insert the control unit placing it backwards (flat side up and magnet down) to prevent the magnet force from affecting the rotation of the internal fan of the dehumidifie.

Batteries should never be inserted into the electric dehumidifier since the heat generated could degrade batteries that cause considerable damage when it comes into contact with the equipment. Additionally the excess heat and air would cause a premature discharge of the batteries so it would not take full advantage of the autonomy that they offer

Please, pay attention because something may chage if deshudifier is not same we have for european market. I have the "Dry Star UV".

• HearPeers Heroes

That is interesting.  It has been noted before that Med-El has given conflicting advice about the disposable batteries in the dry kits.  If you look on Med-El's website for the Rondo quick guide, it clearly states that disposable batteries can stay in and shows the Rondo in a dry kit with the flat side down on page 19.

I have the same dry kit as you.

This is interesting.  I would post a picture of it for you but I have exhausted the amount of space we are allowed for pictures.

• HearPeers Heroes

It's probably for I commented yesterday, Perhaps dryers equipment are different in Usa and in Europe ¿...? . Here some pictures dryer I have.

IMG_20161111_131855.jpg

IMG_20161112_154321.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

I have the same dry kit.

Today I emailed the company that makes the Dry Kit and asked them about the disposable batteries and the magnet orientation.  Below is their response:

Dear Mary Beth,

thank you very much for contacting us.

The processor is important to dry as well.
Remove the batteries and place the battery housing into the dry-star uv as well.
The magnets can face in any direction and will not influence the dry-star uv in any kind as the dryer has no fan inside.
Warm air wil flow into the parts just by confection and perfectly dry your device.

Have fun with your kit.

So according to the Dry Kit company, remove the batteries and don't worry about the magnet orientation.  Part of this may be confusing because up to about a year and a half ago, Med-El sent us dry kits made by a different company.  Possibly, the other kind of dry kit uses a fan.

thanks for posting the info you found out.  

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Interesting upgrade to dryer and it have sense for improve air rotation inside it.

I want not check if fan is working, because on user manual talk about posible damage at eyes and skin.