Giving thanks

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

As we get ready to celebrate Thanksgiving in the US, I want to take a moment and express my thanks to my amazing CI team at New York Eye & Ear, Med-El and the members on this forum.  It's been an amazing journey.

• HearPeers Heroes

Happy Thanksgiving to you Mary Beth ? My journey has just started but I'm incredibly happy and thankful to have found support from you and everyone else in the forum. Cheers!

• HearPeers Heroes

How are things going for you now Megan?  Are you keeping a journal of all your new sounds?

• HearPeers Heroes

Things are going good Mary Beth! Doing all my listening activities (borrowed my mom's IPad for AB Clix - thank you for suggesting ?), practicing on the phone, and enjoying music so much better than with HA.  I had my first mapping yesterday and I certainly surprised myself ? The simple sentences I got 91% accuracy and 51% accuracy on the harder sentences. It's been such a long time since I understood words out of my left ear. I also found out that my natural hearing did not change much after surgery. Yesterday was all good news and I feel very blessed and fortunate. The bionic ear is so amazing!!

I have not been keeping a journal of new sounds, never thought of that. Good idea! Just one for things I notice and would like the audiologist to adjust or questions I need to ask him. 

Happy almost Thanksgiving ?

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

That's the special Thanksgiving for me as now I can thank my life for more amazing things happened and people met.

So grateful to Med-El for their amazing inventions, my surgeon ans audiologist, and my dear peers on this cozy forum! :wub:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Here, we have no Thanksgiving day. Howeber my thanks for everybody in this journey specially people in the forum.

Have a great day.

• HearPeers Heroes

Sounds great Megan.  I am so happy for you.

I agree Cara and Valentin.  Great people on this forum.

• HearPeers Heroes

Dear U.S. crew - I wish you a pleasant Thanksgiving Day!

I grew up watching the American movies about this important holiday for you - for my people, it will be the Christmas. :)

Also, radio-guy shocked us that at one high-way near L.A. passed 49 millions vehicles to get their homes! :o

Everyone of us can be proud on our decision but also for participating here to help those who are coming behind us. In a world where we live, people usually forget the importance of little things in their lives. In Denmark this is called - hygge rituals. 

However - have a great dinner today! :P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Not to mention all the newfound friends from across the world that share similar hearing journeys. Always thankful for Medel in completely changing my quality of life. For this, I will always be thankful

• Like 3