Rechargeable Sonnet batteries

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi all,

I've been using the standard size Sonnet rechargeable batteries for a few weeks now and they are awesome!  They last over 10 hours including several hours of using a BlueTooth neckloop.  The case is so tiny and fits in my pocket.  I like the red and green bands to denote fully charged and depleted batteries.  The charger itself is tiny, light and fast.

They are great!

Hi Mary Beth I just got my CI activated last week and I to was amazed how long the rechargeable batteries last

I forgot to ask you I got 4 batteries 2large and 2 small ones

i rotate the large ones I guess should do it with all four

Question came to mind

Do you use the same cover for the small batteries as you do for the big one I have not check the box

Thanks Take Care

Dave

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Dave,

The large ones are called standard rechargeable batteries and the small ones are called micro rechargeable batteries.  The micro can use the same battery cover as the standard or the smaller battery cover that came in your kit.

• HearPeers Heroes

There is so much to learn!  Smile.  I remember that feeling very well.

How are things going for you Dave?

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hi all, I'm still waiting for the rechargeable batteries. ? From what you guys are saying I think I'm going to love them and I'm ready to hear they're coming! 

Wishing you all a very happy new year. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Happy New Year Kay!  The Sonnet standard rechargeable batteries are awesome!  I hope you receive yours soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

I can't wait for mine! To try them anyway. Looking forward to seeing the difference in weight too. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Kay,

Good 2017 year to you, too!

I like the rechargeable  batteries, too. Have them only for my second implant I got in October. Still waiting to get the batteries for my old implant to switch completely from the disposables.

I just received my new Sonnet CI processor on January 12. I started with disposable batteries and they only lasted 1 and 1/2 days. I am hoping they last longer. Today I put in the rechargeable battery (needed to be home to charge up before using).  Can I expect a good day use or only 8 hr.??

• HearPeers Heroes

There are two types of Sonnet rechargeable batteries (standard and micro).  I use standard.

I get 10+ hours out of a fully charged standard battery so I just swap them out mid-afternoon.  There is a small case that holds the extra ones and it easily fits in my pocket.  It takes less than 1 minute to swap out both sides.  Fast and easy.

• HearPeers Heroes

I am really looking forward to getting them in the mail. Just wish I knew about when that will be

• HearPeers Heroes

I signed up for a free fed ex account and now whenever Med-El sends me a shipment, I am notified ahead of time.  It even tells me what they listed as in the box.  If you do that, you will at least know when to expect the box once it ships.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow, that is awesome Mary Beth. I didn't realize they had that. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So I have looked everywhere and I seem to remember that Mary Beth said that the rechargeable batteries do not go into the drying kit? Correct me if I'm wrong. I read the manual for the batteries. No mention there. Tried to find it in the Facebook group. Could not find it there. Tried the med el website no mention there. So if you know please tell me!?

• HearPeers Heroes

That is an important. I would call MEDEL customer service

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Adam. Couldn't hurt that's for sure.  

• HearPeers Heroes

You are right Kara.  The rechargeable Sonnet batteries do not go in the dry kit.  There is a statement about that in the Quick Guide for Sonnets on Med El's website.

If this forum allowed more space for pictures, I would post it here but I have reached my allotment so no pictures from me.

• HearPeers Heroes

Kara,

I posted a picture for you in our FB group.

• HearPeers Heroes

I haven't posted any pics on this forum that I can remember. If you let me know which forum or where if it is Medel, I can post it here for folks that don't get on Facebook much

• HearPeers Heroes

In our Med El CI Discussion group FB group under Kara's rechargeable battery topic

• HearPeers Heroes

So day one of my rechargeable batteries I got 11 1/2 hours out of the first battery. Pretty good. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow Kara, that seems pretty good. From what I've heard, 10 hours is about the norm