EAS Experience: Sound Quality & Learning Curve

R2010

• 1 year later...
On 12/6/2016 at 7:39 PM, Mary Beth said:

Cara,

I'm not sure if this is an option, but in case it is.....

I read reports of CI users wearing a Rondo and a HA on the same side to get the benefit from the acoustic and electrical input simultaneously.  If you have a Rondo and a HA and your audiologist is willing to do this......she could set your HA for low frequency acoustic Input only and set a MAP on your Rondo for the rest of the range.  Then you may be able to experience what hybrid input would sound like.  

Renee Gifford also published articles about fitting CI users with ITE HA on the same side and setting the HA for bass sounds and CI for the rest.  

I definitely understand not wanting to deal with an earmold again.  It would have to be worth the hassle.  Maybe this would give you a way to test it out a bit.  Just a thought.

@Mary Bethis this one of the reports you read?   https://www.hindawi.com/journals/aoto/2015/941230/  It describes a limited, but impressive, study of a Rondo processor combined with an ITE hearing aid  with processor programming similar to that for Sonnet EAS.  At least that's my interpretation.  Thanks for pointing this out.

C T Lex

• HearPeers Heroes

@C T lex

No, the study I read was by Rene Gifford at Vanderbilt.  Here is a link to Rene Gifford discussing the topic a bit.  Scroll down to read the interview.  It is free.

https://www.audiologyonline.com/articles/20q-combining-electric-and-acoustic-20676