Quattro 4.0 issue

iHM24

Dear friends,

I don't know what happened for my Quattro 4.0 suddenly wires coming-out!

I can't fix it m, I tried to hide wires but it's no use to do that!

At beginning wires come out from main device I hide it and inserted again but neckloop wires from upper side as shown at the picture I can't hide it and everybody tell me now they can't hear me when I talk by mobile such as previously when I purchased it...

IMG_3950.jpg

Hi, thanks for reaching out to our community on HearPeers.  As Quattro 4.0 is a third party device not by MED-EL, I recommend getting in contact with Clear Sounds and they will be able to best assist you with this: https://clearsounds.com/ If you would also like some support from your local MED-EL Representative, let me know and I'll send their contact details through. Kind regards, Leigh

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I received 2 Quattro when I upgraded to my Sonnets. I don't really use them as I have an FM system. If you would like, I can send you on of mine. One of them hasn't even been turned on. 

Let me know 

Adam 

• HearPeers Heroes

Nice offer Adam.  I sent someone one of my unopened Quattro4 neckloops too.  No sense just having it collect dust.

• HearPeers Heroes

Exactly Mary Beth. 

Im not going to use it and if it can benefit another member of the community, even better.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hi 

Adam just wondering.... what Is an fm system? 

• HearPeers Heroes

The personal FM system consists of a transmitter microphone used by the speaker (such as the teacher in the classroom, or the speaker at a lecture) and a receiver used by you, the listener. The receiver transmits the sound to your ears or, if you wear a CI directly to the processor. 

I have 2 small square "boots" that I attach to the bottom of my FM battery pack cover. This is the same one that you attach your DAI cable to. The FM gives you the option to hear wirelessly and usually has much better reception than a telecoil

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2017 at 6:34 PM, Adam said:

I received 2 Quattro when I upgraded to my Sonnets. I don't really use them as I have an FM system. If you would like, I can send you on of mine. One of them hasn't even been turned on. 

Let me know 

Adam 

Hi dear Adam,

sorry for belated replay because I was so sick and admitted at hospital, if u still have it my dear I'm interested about it.

I sent Privat message for you

• HearPeers Heroes

Sorry to hear you were ill Hameed.  I hope you are feeling better now.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hameed, I hope everything is ok now.

How or where could I get a better understanding of how to use the FM approach and should I have the necessary parts or do I need to purchase something?

• HearPeers Heroes

FM Systems are third party devices and not part of our Med-El kits.  For Sonnets and Opus 2 processors we have the FM battery sleeve as part of our kits.  Rondo mini battery pack option provides a way for Rondo users to use FM Systems.  

Basically the Phonak Roger receiver plugs into the Euro port.  Then you need a Roger transmitter to send sound to the receivers.  There is a receiver neckloop option that can be used too.

check out 

www.handsonhearing.com

youtube channel:

lifewithmymedel

Phonak's website for info on their Roger System

• HearPeers Heroes

Heywayne

you can go to MEDEL website, handsonhearing as well as Phonaks website.

to add to what NarBeth said, you can use a telecoil( which is not FM) without having to purchase anything in addition to what you would receive in your kit. The telecoil is built into the processor. All you have to do is turn it on using your fine tuner. This allows you to talk on the phone withou background noise or just a little. You can also use the telecoil in any place, a church, a movie theater, auditorium....that indicates they have a loop system. 

I have used the telecoil as well as the FM. The biggest difference to me was that the FM had a little more clarity. 

With the fm system you have a small square boot that you attach to your FM batterypack cover. This is the receiver. In my case, I have the phonak smartlink FM. 

There are a few ways to use it. Pho also can help withat on their site. There is also a transmitter which can be held in the hand reporter style. A speaker at a conference can wear it around their neck. I have also just plugged it into my iPod so I can listen to music while doing the dishes I just put the transmitter and iPod on the counter and went about cleaning. It is wireless then and you are the only one that hears it. I just feel sorry for the family if I decide to sing along?. They don't hear the music, just my lousy version of it.

medels website explains ALDs (assistive listening devices) pretty well. They have videos as well as handsonhearing to help explain

• HearPeers Heroes

Med El also has a free downloadable booklet called Getting Connected that may help.