Phonak compilot2 connection failure

Coaster

Background:

I was activated Nov30/22 with a left side CI re: Sonnet2.

I have been not using my HA, a Phonak B70-UP; to force the brain to use the Sonnet2 input.  But I have used it a couple times to manage medical and other complex interaction. 

Today , as my Sonnet2 is still less than 100% clear on phone calls, I connected my compilot2 to my cell Bluetooth and attempted a call. The phone showed connection with the compilot2.. but my HA did not receive transmission . I afterwards tried using media and it too did not feed to the HA.

After a bit of analysis ; I discovered if I removed the external coil from the implant;  that the HA received compilot2 input.  That seemed weird unless the compilot2 somehow is connecting to the Sonnet2 directly rather than the HA; then by removing the coil from the implant , it is dropped from the Sonnet2 and defaults back to the HA.   

I will reach out my CI audiologist and my HA dispenser, but wonder if anyone with a compilot2 has encountered this scenario. And if there is a solution other than disconnecting the coil from the implant. 

A bit of a pain to disconnect the CI to make calls until my CI is further functional ( clearity for streaming) . 

Thanks in advance. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Coaster

If your hearing aid has an active telecoil you can use the Artone BT neckloop for phone calls and streaming and hear the audio in both your HA and your Sonnet 2

Here is a link to my captioned review of the Artone.  I use it almost everyday.

Yes, Mary Beth, that will  likely be my plan early 2023. I know you have been really pleased with the Artone  device. 

I have held back, as I have only been activated 21 days, with  recent update on Dec 18 to my settings. I haven't updated my introduction comments yet, but it was like starting from the initial activation with additional bass. But it is coming. 

Still , until that time, I would really like to understand the compilot2 to HA , with the tcoil connected, issue. Everything adds to our knowledge.🤗

• HearPeers Heroes

@Coaster

It definitely seems like the compilot2 is encountering interference.

I’m not sure why removing the coil solves it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you.

I have discovered removing the tcoil and turning it 90 degrees resolves the compilot2 issue as then it transmit via my HA. 

Lol, but that doesn't work for using both; as when I rotate the tcoil back to connect to my implant, the compilot2 connection is lost. 

Once I figure it out, I will post the reason. 

Btw, I have been busy with Christmas and lazy with educating myself.  Trust you had had a great Christmas and best wishes for a fantastic year, and anyone following this tread.