New user - new implant

christi1963

Thanks for the support! I think from a standpoint of symptoms, it is very likely to have exacerbations with Meniere's, since the original disease is still in progress.  I think the cochlear implant is just one fix for ONE symptom- deafness! Which is quite disabling in itself. So I am very, very grateful for that one!!! But... I need to be patient as it has been less than one month, and physiological stress does seem to be related.  I am trying to keep track of factors that may be contributing, but my doc just thinks "ya, I am not too surprised!" - so I want to focus on rehab, speech recognition etc. etc- that is what I do have some control over!:D

• HearPeers Heroes

You are definitely on the right track then!! Keep us posted. And ask as many question as you are comfortable with. 

Thanks Kara, I will. I am sure I will have many, many more next week after working these!!

• HearPeers Heroes

This is true Christi

you can't control the circumstances but you can control how you react to it.  Almost sounds like the Meniers just got aggravated having the surgeon digging around in there. We will just hope that it will slowly subside to a more livable level. Keep us up to date on how things are going