Lesson learned

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Found it! Adam, how did you discovered it?

• HearPeers Heroes

Well I happen to see it and figured it was odd that they would stick a piece of metal in the end of the brush so it must have a function. I touched it to a price of metal to see what happened and sure enough, it stuck.

• HearPeers Heroes

Oh, Adam, you cannot joke that way. I don't want to hurt your modesty, but have to tell you that you deserve a lot of compliments.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yeah Adam. Your too modest and shouldn't joke like that. You have been an amazing mentor!! 

You too all of you!! 

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm hopping on this compliment Adam train too! As a newbie to the implant - I would have found out the hard way with the maintenance of the processor. I read the booklet BUT when it starts to sound funny I probably would have been stumped ? Now I know what to hear for and different tips for changing the cover so I don't break it. Thank you for making this post Adam! It's extremely helpful information. You da man!! ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Thanks Kara, Warms my heart to know that I have made a difference in some small way. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Well I was completely lost when I found out that I was a candidate and booked for surgery. I didn't even know what an implant looked like or how it really worked. You have a great knowledge and it has been very beneficial. Mary Beth is the other one who has tons of knowledge and has helped me also. The encouragement from this group has made my life so much better and easier. You all know who I'm talking about!! 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Guys. You talk about change mic cover an youtube videos, but I watch only sonnet videos. Where are Rondo videos to change Mic cover?

I read in other post someone of you have Rondo and now you are sonnet ¿..? Perhaps I misunderstand right.

• HearPeers Heroes

Valentin 

the mic cover snaps into place. It is in the center on the narrow end on the top. I will post a pic for you. You can also access the manual online which will walk you through it

• HearPeers Heroes

Valentin,

Rondo mic cover does not need to be changed unless it breaks.  Sonnet mic covers are different.

• HearPeers Heroes

Very good point i forgot to mention. The cover does not need to be replaced. There is instruction as how how to place it back if for some reason in comes off. 

• HearPeers Heroes

My I be careful to change it to Rondo? I can see there is videos in sonnet but I can not find for Rondo.

• HearPeers Heroes

Valentin,

It is best not to touch the Rondo mic over unless it breaks.  It does not need to be changed.  If it does break, there is a way to change it.  The Rondo mic cover does not degrade sound over time like the Sonnet mic cover.  They are completely different designs.  Sound actually must pass through the Sonnet mic covers to enter the processor.  The Rondo mic cover is more like a shield.

My Rondo Microphone cover actually broke in half (not sure how). Med-El sent me a replacement cover and we follow the instructions on how to put it on.  It would fall of from time to time.  The last time it fell off, was at my Mapping last month.  It actually turns out that the actual processor piece had a part that had broken off where the microphone cover goes (I have no clue how this happened because I try to take good care of all my processors).  Med-El sent me a replacement processor since there was damage. :-)  I love how Med-El really takes care of their customers. :-)  

• HearPeers Heroes

That's fantastic Ms_D ! 

Medels customer service is 2nd to none! Glad you got it worked out