Newly Implanted with questions

Raymond Veith

• HearPeers Heroes

You are off to a terrific start!  Music started improving for me around 3-4 months but everyone is different.

• HearPeers Heroes

That was back at the three month point. I'm currently at 14 months post activation. Yes music is fantastic! Once I got to the about five month mark all music was fantastic! I loved hearing Christmas music this year!! And anything people suggest I try. Please remember that it is very hard work! I trained everyday for about five months to get where I am. I still like to listen to music regularly and try new things all the time! 

• HearPeers Heroes

YES!!! Congratulations!!! Now the work begins! Remember the 3 P's

practice, patience and perseverance!! 

Keep us updated on the next mapping. Try to take as many notes as you can of what you hear, where you are, what it sounds like inside, outside, high ceilings, low ceilings, male female.....this will really heal your Audi with your next map

• HearPeers Heroes

It took probably around 3 months or so maybe a little longer for music. 

Music and the phone took the longest for me. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Try listening to songs that you are very familiar with. This will make it easier on your brain to recognize what it is you are listening to. 

Great suggestion Adam. I can attest to that. I'm a huge lover of electronic music which works out because everything sounds like electronic music right now but the other day  I listened to Kraftwerk Autobahn and was surprised at how much I could "fill in" from memory. I'm only about a month post activation so my fears about music are drastically reduced!

• HearPeers Heroes

And it will continue to get even better as time goes on!

• HearPeers Heroes

That's awesome to hear. As Mary Beth said, you will continue to improve. Take the gains as they come and try not to get frustrated if things aren't coming as quickly as you'd like.