Audiostream volume

JimmyB

Hi,

Is there a way to increase the volume on the streaming.  My phone volume is all the way up, but I think it could be a bit louder.  Also, are the programs that the Audiologist set up and transfer to the AudioKey app also relevant to streaming.  I'm assuming yes.

Jim

• HearPeers Heroes

@JimmyB

Are you using an iPhone or android phone with AudioStream?

If android phone @Kylie solved this by running a volume booster app in the background set at 130%.  Here’s a link to her post. Click on the gray arrow to follow the link.

The 4 programs are actually on your Sonnet/Sonnet2 processor.  The app called AudioKey2 is a remote that switches you into those 4 programs. The FineTuner Echo separate remote does the same thing.

If you are in program 1 and then start streaming with AudioStream, you stay in Program 1.  Same with programs 2-4.

Hi Mary Beth,

I have an iPhone...  Yes, I understand the function of the App and how it relates to the Sonnet/Sonnet2.  Are you saying if I want my streaming to have more volume, my audiologist will need to make new programs?

• HearPeers Heroes

@JimmyB

I have an iPhone too and the volume with AudioStream is fine and slightly lower than max.

But if you want more volume I believe running a volume booster app in the background may work like it does on android phones.

Of course you can have your audiologist create a louder program for you specifically for AudioStream use.

@JimmyB Use finetuner Echo to handle the sound while steaming. Given the Audio key 2 app can't do that while streaming, I have to use it, no other option. But it just what I needed.

https://www.medel.com/hearing-solutions/accessories/remote-controls/finetuner-echo

• HearPeers Heroes

@JimmyB and @Jimit

The ability to INCREASE volume of a program depends on how the audiologist set the program up.  Some audiologists set programs so the only thing we can do is decrease the volume.  Other audiologists set programs which allow us to both increase and decrease the volume.

I hear a different beep when I hit max volume .  It is shorter than the regular beep.

14 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@JimmyB and @Jimit

The ability to INCREASE volume of a program depends on how the audiologist set the program up.  Some audiologists set programs so the only thing we can do is decrease the volume.  Other audiologists set programs which allow us to both increase and decrease the volume.

I hear a different beep when I hit max volume .  It is shorter than the regular beep.

Interesting @Mary Beth, didn't know about it. Thanks. For me, I can change it as I like in both the maps I have currently.