What should my Audiologist be doing.

JimmyB

Hello group.

I like my audiologist, and I'm wondering what my sessions with them should consist of.  Other than balancing the volume of tones over many frequencies and updating my AudioKey App,  are there other things they should be doing?  

Thanks,

Jim

• HearPeers Heroes

@JimmyB

How long have you been activated? What happens at my appts varied based on where I was on my CI journey.

• HearPeers Heroes

Still early weeks for you.  Congratulations on your CI.

At that point in my journey my audiologist:

-tested my hearing in the sound booth- tones, single words, sentences in quiet and sentences in noise

-ran a test to ensure the electrodes were all operating fine

-made MAPping changes to my programs as needed

-answered any questions I had

-discussed how listening was going in my real life

• HearPeers Heroes

Terrific @JimmyB

If you want to chat with Med-El CI users consider joining in our next GoogleMeet with free automatic captions.  @Gerda will be joining in for the first time.

• HearPeers Heroes

@JimmyB

follow the link in my post above by clicking on the arrow.  Then just reply in that topic that you want to join in.

Hi @JimmyB, I activated on 2nd Sept only and have met my audiologist once since then. We just did a breif conversaion over the life before and after CI and he was quite happy with the progress. He then added another map based on my feedback. But I found my hearing with CI fluctuate when I am getting hearing attacks (due to Maniears) and I am now used to change the volume and sesitivity as and when needed. 

BTW, when I said fluctuate, I mean it sounds different than usual so to adjust to normal hearing I have to change the setting. Thankfully it's occational (once in a couple of months).