Audiolink turn off function and other connectivity questions

Hila

I am using audiolink listening to presentation online through laptop Bluetooth

Goal is to turn off the streaming On off button of audiolink doesn't respond. Manual says press 2 seconds. 

Does anyone have an insight why trying to turn it off while it's connected to media source doesn't work?

Also, asking for a friend with Rondo3, Oppo A45 phone and Audio2Ear app 

Once the phone app is on, it takes over the functionality of Spotify App.  Does anyone have a known process of how to enable the functionality of media app such as Spotify again, while you have Audio2Ear app on your phone. Thanks in advance!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

I believe you can do this via the FineTuner Echo remote

”If you have the Fine Tuner Echo remote control, you may
use the Fine Tuner Echo to deactivate the stream by pressing the music symbol.”

image.jpeg.98767b6eadbdf9c8c18737df63172f2d.jpeg

Interesting.  I'll forward the info to the rondo 3 user.  Not sure if they've got this remote.  I do not have it either. 

I forgot to ask about different ways to connect to media with Rondo3

Any suggestions for connectivity that would work easily with Rondo 3?  (instead of the audiolink)

Main uses are:

* Listening to music on Spotify

* Making and receiving phone calls. 

Thank you!!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

In the US the Fine Tuner Echo has been included in Rondo 3 kits.

The Artone BT neckloop is an option with Rondo 3 for streaming but the telecoil adapter has to be attached to Rondo 3 and then Rondo 3 has to be put into flight mode to avoid a ticking sound.  If a streaming audio (T only) option is desired the audiologist has to create a special program for that.

I'll invite my friend to join this conversation.  I've asked and they do have the echo remote but aren't using it bc they preferred the phone app initially ( carry less item around) and it's either or , to my understanding.

I thought you might share insight about the trusty Artone so thank you for sharing the insight. I have no clue what's the telecoil adapter. Or how to put rondo 3 into flight mode (???) 

I am thinking about getting the Rondo 3 once I'm offered an upgrade, and I surely hope it won't be more complicated than need to be.  

Thank you for sharing the knowledge. I really appreciate your help! I wish everyone that has a CI can use it with ease for all the very basic functions :)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Nikki

Rondo 3 can switch between using the app as a remote and using the FineTuner Echo as a remote whenever the user wishes.  There are many Rondo 3 users here who can help.

Alternative to Bluetooth and T-Coil there’s also the mini battery pack to plug audio cables into devices that have an audio jack. I don’t currently use this so cannot vouch for it, but plan on getting one or both of the bilateral options to at least try. 

1- Bilateral EXT (90/10) Adapter Cable 

2- Bilateral MIX (50/50) Adapter Cable 

Only reason I don’t have either already is I only have one Mini Battery Pack currently and had other higher priority supplies to buy.  Might get it in a few months though. 

For Rondo 3 I stick with Bluetooth for now as the T-Coil adapter causes ticking noises that doesn’t currently have an easy solution (flight mode is a pain to get to). For my Sonnet 2s if I couldn’t use AudioStream with something I’d probably leave my AudioLink connected to my Rondos and use Artone 3 MAX. AudioLink is good enough for my needs but there’s things about it that could be improved. 

10 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@Nikki

Rondo 3 can switch between using the app as a remote and using the FineTuner Echo as a remote whenever the user wishes.  There are many Rondo 3 users here who can help.

That's awesome! Thanks!!

9 hours ago, Lauren said:

For Rondo 3 I stick with Bluetooth for now as the T-Coil adapter causes ticking noises that doesn’t currently have an easy solution 

This was one of the things my friend mentioned.   Thanks for sharing your experience Lauren.  Hope it resolved soon.  

And thank you so much for the other advice too!  I didn't know rondo 3 have capability for mini battery pack.  I used this option couple of times with my rondo(1) because I needed more battery time when listening to music.  The batteries (I think it took one AAA) lasted for about 14 hours of listening and was a cool option, especially while wearing a shirt with pocket on :)

@Lauren

I hope soon you'll get all the nifty accessories you might need to enjoy your listening  🎧

• HearPeers Heroes

@Lauren

Those audio cables have very good sound quality but are quite stiff and a bit heavy.  Just so you know in advance.