Need help using AudioKey with Sonnet 1 via AudioLink

Hilary Beaumont Brown

My remote is not working AGAIN. Seems like every time I go to use it it's not functioning and I've already had replaced multiple times. Aud mentioned there AudioKey app.  Only reason I don't always use the app is that I have a Sonnet 1 and a Sonnet 2. The 2 connects directly but the 1 only does via the AudioLink? Cannot figure it out though. I've turned on Bluetooth, in the app said to connect via AudioLink instead of direct and still not showing me my Sonnet 1. Help? 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hilary Beaumont Brown

Has your Sonnet 1 been using the FineTuner remote?  My understanding is that is we wish to use the app remote through AudioLink with Sonnet 1 processors our audiologists need to set that up in MAPping and then the Sonnet 1 can no longer use the FineTuner remote.  Is this correct @MED-EL Moderator?

I gave my Fine Tuner to the Aud to use if another patient needed because my new Fine Tuner Echo remote was supposed to work with both. So it's not still connected. But I've had nothing but issues with the Fine Tuner Echo. So next step is to try just using the app. It's rarely an issue- I don't often adjust but I'm sick right now and tolerance for sound is waaaay down so I need to lower settings but can't for my Sonnet 1. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hilary Beaumont Brown

So sorry to hear this and hope you feel better soon.

In the App Store there is a way to contact the Med-El app team directly and get help with the app.  Maybe give that a try.

As far as the FineTuner Echo, I hope @MED-EL Moderatorcan help.

By any chance did your audiologist recently change any of your MAPs?  If yes….

ACB7327C-251B-4763-ADBE-ADA0C8B58E35.png

Hi @Hilary Beaumont Brown,

thank you for your question.

As you mentioned, yes, SONNET 1 can only use the AudioKey app via AudioLink. 

Instead, SONNET 1 can be used with FineTuner Echo directly. However, for SONNET 1 to use FTE (or the app) as a remote controller, the clinician needs to select it as the remote controller in the MAESTRO. If this has not been done, SONNET 1 can only use FineTuner (the previous version) as the remote controller.

Therefore, we recommend talking again with your audiologist to check your device directly and set up FineTuner Echo so that it can work with your SONNET 1. 

Let us know if there are any other questions, thank you. 

Kind Regards,

Giulia