MED-EL Hands on Hearing Workshop

hadron

• HearPeers Heroes

MED-EL is holding Hands on Hearing (HOH) Workshops.

Hopefully there will be one in your area soon.

You can register for them at: www.handsonhearing.com

The workshop is designed to educate and inform attendees on how assistive technology can help them.

A variety of listening accessories will be available for attendees to experiment with.

The presenter is Jeff Campagna, Creative Director, MED-EL Corporation (also a CI user).

• HearPeers Heroes

they need one here in Charleston SC bigtime.

I would LOVE to attend something like this.  As a CI user who was thrust into deafness and never used hearing aids, I have no prior experience with assistive devices.  I would be interested in attending something like this even if I had to go to Anchorage.  I might even travel as far as Seattle to go.

Cheers,

Annie

• HearPeers Heroes

Annie, My hospital put on a hearing health seminar and invited patients the thought could benefit from it. They asked me to give a 15 minute presentation on ALDs. I had a blast but it really showed me how much we need more of them. Maybe ask your audiology dept. to put one on.

That's a great idea, Adam.  I will be in Seattle next week for my second ear activation.  Yay!  I will ask my audi if they ever do those sorts of presentations there.

Cheers,

Annie

I learned so much from Jeff's Hands on Hearing presentation.  My son Max(10 years old, bilateral Med El user) now loves to listen to t.v. using a t-coil Quattro with a Q-link dongle that Jeff showed us how to set up; previously, my son preferred to watch t.v. with the sound off, only reading the captions.  I also learned some great ideas for helping Max hear at movie theaters and for live theater productions.  Technology is amazing....try to go to one of these presentations if you have the opportunity!

Adam,

I have nor been posting the remarks on this topic.  They have hacked my ID and HearPeers needs to do something about this!

The Real Donald Robinson

• HearPeers Heroes

Donald, I asked about that and was assured whole heartedly that the site has not been comprimised. I believe there is a glitch somewhere else in the system that the are trying to figure out.

Annie, how did the second activation go????

Adam,

It would be nice if they would reply to my email.   My name shows up on various post that I did not contribute to...  Just a little unnerving.

• HearPeers Heroes

Donald, Agreed. i found a few that had my name that I didn't write. I believe they are working very hard to get the situation corrected

• 2 weeks later...

ha!  that explains it!  I "buried" a few before I found your note about the glitch since it (my name attached to things I did not say) was happening to me too.

My name is on this post before I've posted!

Anyway, I need to see if there's a workshop near me (New Hampshire) - by coming to this community I am realizing how little I've investigated potentially useful things.  This is a whole new world do me.

Lisa

I would LOVE to attend something like this.  As a CI user who was thrust into deafness and never used hearing aids, I have no prior experience with assistive devices.  I would be interested in attending something like this even if I had to go to Anchorage.  I might even travel as far as Seattle to go.

Cheers,

Annie

Hi Annie. How was it like to have a CI with no prior use if HAs?? How bad was your hearing loss?

I have had SSD since 20+ years ago. It's severe-profound mixed hearing loss. Just started wearing a HA last July and had a Bonebridge implant a month ago. I got really good results from the trials and that's why I opted for surgery. From the other forums I joined, they said not to expect much since I haven't had stimulation on my dead ear for a long time but I'm keeping my hopes up.

• HearPeers Heroes

Liz, If you look a few posts up the page thee is the web address for the workshops. you can check the locations there. There is a lot of infomation which can be overwhelming when just getting started. This is a great place to learn and bounce ideas off of each other. remember if there are any specific questions that you have, fire away as I'm sure you are not the only one who has had that question or situation. Welcome to hearpeers.