Which CI to go with?

Vrr01981

I was just approved yesterday to get the CI. I was sent home with materials of the three different kinds and now I'm overwhelmed.  I'm curious to know from other people why they selected the kind they initially selected and how do they like it now that they have it. Any advice? TIA!

• HearPeers Heroes

That is terrific!  Best of luck on your journey.

I chose Med-El for the electrode array options.  Some other key things to consider include:

-Med-El makes their new processors backward compatible with older internal implants.  This is not true with all three brands.  This means that we can use the newest processors even though we have older internal parts.  It may not seem important right now but you plan on keeping that internal implant for many, many years so I think will be important down the road.

-excellent customer service

-no history of any recalls. Also not true with all three brands

I know it's overwhelming at first.  Learn about each brand and then choose the one that is right for you.  

• HearPeers Heroes

IN Canada we don't get to choose. The surgeon and his team choose for us. I love my sonnet and med el implant. Works wonderful for me. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to hearpeers. 

Pit certainly can be very overwhelming. Try to do as much research as you can. Also figure out what is important to you as far as the implant and processors. 

This might help you narrow the field a bit. Feel free to ask as detailed questions as you can