Alessandro Casale

My personal presentation

Hello everyone, the activation went very well, this time it has not bothered me and fright as the first activation in 1997. The sound seems familiar and I already distinguish the frequencies. I am now using the FineHearing strategy that seems similar to analog strategy.
I would now like to update the mapping but the doctor said it takes one month.
Sometimes I use the new IC, sometimes use the old IC because it is dangerous to abruptly switch from right to left, one must do it gradually.
I do not use both of them together because I hear a lot of confusion, next year my doctor will remove the Clarion and he will put Medel, so I will become "Medelist" bilateral.:D
I will update next week. :)

Awesome!  Great new start.  Thanks for the update.

Thanks so much for sharing!! This is awesome news!! 

Hello everyone, the activation went very well, this time it has not bothered me and fright as the first activation in 1997. The sound seems familiar and I already distinguish the frequencies. I am now using the FineHearing strategy that seems similar to analog strategy.
Sometimes I use the new IC, sometimes use the old IC because it is dangerous to abruptly switch from right to left, one must do it gradually.
I do not use both of them together because I hear a lot of confusion, next year my doctor will remove the Clarion and he will put Medel, so I will become "Medelist" bilateral.[emoji3]
I will update next week. [emoji4]

Great Alessandro!

Just a quick question, why do you find it's dangerous to activate both IC?
Except possibly, that you have to train more niw the other ear.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I do not use both of them together because I hear a lot of confusion, next year my doctor will remove the Clarion and he will put Medel, so I will become "Medelist" bilateral.[emoji3]
I will update next week. [emoji4]

Great Alessandro!

On 12/3/2017 at 11:45 PM, Ivana Marinac said:

Great Alessandro!

Yes, my doctor is very cautious. He says I do not have too much stress on the left auditory nerve as I hadn’t heard for 19 years, this can cause headaches and nausea. He advised me in the early days of using one or the other and sometimes both.

Now I have no more hassles and can not use the Medel almost all day. :)

On 26/2/2017 at 11:30 PM, Mary Beth said:

By the way, you are the second person who has one Med-El and one AB CI that I know of.  The other person is active in the FaceBook group called

Med El Cochlear Implant Discussion Group

Search for it and ask to join.

The other person said she can't wait for her AB to fail so she can replace it with a Med-El.  It must be interesting wearing two different brands since they process sound differently.

You can link to the site of FB Medel here? Thank you

I don't know that it is dangerous perse. My brain was on sensory overload after activating just one. I couldn't imagine activating both at the same time. I would be exhausted at the end of the day

Look for Med El Cochlear Implant Discussion Group and ask to join

I don't know that it is dangerous perse. My brain was on sensory overload after activating just one. I couldn't imagine activating both at the same time. I would be exhausted at the end of the day

Yes, Adam - both at the same time, but Alessandro already has one CI before and now it is time to activate the other one more?

Or just train the newest implanted ear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand Ivana. I was discussing the difference between bilateral activations and bilateral sequential. I am very aware of Alessandro's circumstances ?

I know you are - I just made a question of approaching to different style of hearing rehabilitation.
I assure you that the situation where both ears were activated for the same amount of time - it could be contraprodactive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 26/3/2017 at 2:32 PM, Alessandro Casale said:

Ora non ho più problemi e non è possibile utilizzare il Medel quasi tutto il giorno. :)

TRANSLATION ERROR! :o

I wanted to say that I can now use the Medel all day and I no longer use the Clarion. Then, according to the results, at the end of 2017 I will replant. So I will have the perfect bilateralism.

I am very happy for you Alessandro!  You are doing great!  Soon you will have bilateral Med-El implants.  I love mine and hope you do too!

Alessandro,

that is FANTASTIC!! I am very happy for you. 

Great news! I hope you will like being bilateral as much as I do / maybe even more/ ?

Welcome.  I'm a bilateral CI user (right implanted in January 2015.  Left implanted in June 2016).  It's a wonderful, blessed journey!  I hope you will experience great journey and experience lots of WOW! moments.