Now over 200 surged with BB in the world!!

bigguns

Hi everyone!

There is only 2 of us registrated in this forum. Regula and me.

Where is everyone?

I would love to get more input from other people with BB.

And especially from atresia patients.

/Fredrik

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Frederik,

Perhaps forum should be better advertised on their webmail - I have found it only after thorough research each link.

Where did you get that information?

Seems to me, still little bit too big number....  For instance you are the first in Scandinavia since last August, are there any others?

What can your supplier/audiologist say about their satisfaction?

Hi Fredrik

I do know of a few others who have received BB in Germany.

They have a discussion site on Facebook, which has mostly Vibrant Soundbridge and some BB users. Do you read and write German?

Most of the users in the Facebook group would probably not be very comfortable with the English language.

Regula

Nice work Regula!

But noFrown ,Germany is not my language.

/Fredrik

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Regula,

I do speak&write in German - small country...heh..Smile

Can you put a link here?

Possibly it will help to others who came here....

Hi Frederik,

Perhaps forum should be better advertised on their webmail - I have found it only after thorough research each link.

Seems to me, still little bit too big number....  For instance you are the first in Scandinavia since last August, are there any others?

The audiologists can not share info between eachother then to me, bacuse  of confidentiality.

Therefore its impossible for me to get in contact with other BB´s in Sweden, atleast through the audologists.

/Fredrik

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Frederik,

The audiologists can not share info between eachother then to me, bacuse  of confidentiality.

Therefore its impossible for me to get in contact with other BB´s in Sweden, atleast through the audologists.

/Fredrik

Mmm.... I have to say this is little bit tricky - it is ok respecting somebody else confidential status but maybe people would like to share their experiences...

In my country we connect people - of course, if they want but you can find it out by asking, wright? :)

• 5 months later...

Hi again!

I have now got information there is 19 persons that got the Bonbridge in Sweden.

There is 4 with atresia. Would love to see one of them here.

/Fredrik

• HearPeers Heroes

Of course Fredrik, perhaps to try to raise their attention over your audiologist or surgeon?

How are you doing lately?

• HearPeers Heroes

My audi cannot share any infomration about any patients she has. What i have doen is offered my contact information. she will give it to them and let them decide if they want to contact me or not.

maybe give your contac info top your audi and tell them they are free to share with any prespective patients

Of course Fredrik, perhaps to try to raise their attention over your audiologist or surgeon?

Ï´m doing fine. A lot of private stuff to handle right now. BB is working.

Next Week on wednesday i´m going to a technology exhibition in Stockholm about miscellaneous hearing aids. All Swedish suppliers of hearing aid are there.I´m meeting the swedish tech guy from MedEL there and i have begged him to bring the sofwere with him so we can sort a couple of things out.

My best /Fredrik

My audi cannot share any infomration about any patients she has. What i have doen is offered my contact information. she will give it to them and let them decide if they want to contact me or not.

maybe give your contac info top your audi and tell them they are free to share with any prespective patients

In Sweden the audies have 100% confidentiality.

I've mentioned it before in one thread.

My best/Fredrik

• HearPeers Heroes

Ï´m doing fine. A lot of private stuff to handle right now. BB is working.

Next Week on wednesday i´m going to a technology exhibition in Stockholm about miscellaneous hearing aids. All Swedish suppliers of hearing aid are there.I´m meeting the swedish tech guy from MedEL there and i have begged him to bring the sofwere with him so we can sort a couple of things out.

My best /Fredrik

Well, in my opinion he should provide to you best answers to your question regarding your expectations.

I am also going next week to the HQ in Wien where I hope I will have opportunity to sort some issues with Med-El engineer. From my point of view there is lack of deep tones - when I make certain sound it is perfectly clear because for the first time I can hear clearly high tones but at the same time I can clearly say that I miss part of the sensation - deep tones, bass for instance.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, what do you mean you "miss" the deep tones like BASS. You dont hear it at all or it sounds muted?

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm the same as Ivana. I still don't hear many bass tones. More high pitch. With the new processor it sounds clearer and sharper but am still getting way too many ambient sounds that I don't want to hear. I can even hear the fridge kicking in now. This is new. I see the audiologist at the end of October and I'm starting to think that what I'm now hearing is all part of the evolution in this journey. One step forward and two back? All the annoying sounds were starting to go away and now they've returned plus the tinnitus is at the forefront today. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Sandy have you tried turning the volume up to see if that makes any difference?  it is different to HA.  I found I was hearing less bass but also less clarity so i just turned up the volume to see what that would do.  I was concerned the two loud stray trebles would increase too but that did not seem to happen, but I did get more bass and a lovely stereo surround sound.  Just worth a try.  It may not work. you can always turn it down.  Sometimes it was 'loud' or 'intense' but my brain adjusted over time.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, what do you mean you "miss" the deep tones like BASS. You dont hear it at all or it sounds muted?

Hard to explain - of course, I do hear them but not the way I used to hear them. For instance, crumpling the paper - it sound... too soft I would say... Possibly...muted, yes - I think this is the right term! And high tones are loud enough, possibly even too much - we have an elevator in the hospital: it squeals. A lot. I heard it before of course but now high pitch tones are so strong that my ears literally ache.

On the other side, I have opportunity to hear some music on one BOSE speaker last week - I definitely hear bass and other deep tones but there is no such pleasure like I heard it before. For instance, the song of Guns n' Roses, November Rain has symphonic orchestra and when you hear it loud it has power, you feel strength... Now I do not feel that - I hear all middle and high tones, what Axl sings (this I couldn't understand before) but there is no pleasure of deep tones. Enough.

This was the reason why I liked many rock songs - because of their strength and power.

On the other side I have clearly got clearer classic art, "surround" music like Enya's or Loreena McKennit's which is wonderful, but ... I still miss good old rock stuff in whole spectrum.

I do not think that I could loose it, although I know that BB, according to the measuring, is best  from 1-3 or so kHz. I still can not differ whether this is the limitation of the device or 1st tuning.

Thinking in progress....UndecidedUndecided

• HearPeers Heroes

Dont worry Ivana, a lot of hearing people cant understand Axel. Cool

I do like that song and had forgottten about it, maybe I'll add that to the list.

• HearPeers Heroes

Dont worry Ivana, a lot of hearing people cant understand Axel. Cool

I do like that song and had forgottten about it, maybe I'll add that to the list.

I adore that song Kiss

However, Axl is not the problem - these supressed tones are. I do not compare it with my lat digital HA than my analog HA.

Upf, that was the device! Cool If I could pair that lower part of the spectrum with BB - that would be hell of the implant!SurprisedLaughing

• HearPeers Heroes

I read somebody today who described it sounding like a person was talking into a cup. might be totally different than what you are dealing with but found that description interesting

Ivana!

I have wrote about this before, there is , as you say, built in limitation.  There isn´t much goingh under 200 hz and there is A LOT bass information under 200 hz.

To sort out any distrotion. Listen to this freqvens sveep with a good set of speakers. (not built in lap top speakers)

My Amadé distorted from exactly 2800 hz and all the way upp to 8000hz where it cut´s off, as it should.

Between 6 to 8 khz there was also unwanted feedback. like "oouuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii".

This is is not sorted out by MedEl yet, why.  But only way to solve the problem is to set the Amad´e for input level 4.  (remember where you heard this the first timeWink)

Show this message to your tech guy and he will explain to you abot the 4 input levels.

good luck / Fredrik

• HearPeers Heroes

Ok, Fredrik - but I still do not understand what is the connection between level 4 input level and the (in)ability of Amade to listen under 200 Hz?