February 2023 HearPeers GoogleMeet hosted by Mary Beth for Med-El CI users, families and those considering Med-El CIs

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Updated

Update 

The February 2023 HearPeers GoogleMeet hosted by Mary Beth will be on:

Sunday February 26 at 9:15 am New York time.  The meeting opens around 9:00 am New York time for chatting.

All Med-El CI users, families and those considering a Med-El CI are welcome.

Invites are sent a few moments before the meeting opens to those who reply below.

GoogleMeet has free automatic captions.

So far invites will be sent to the following members.  No need to reply, you are on the list.

@Mary Beth  

@Joan  

@Dianna  

@Andrew42  

@Lauren  

@Dave in Pittsburgh  

@Tim  

@Kylie  

@Theo  FIRST TIME

@Jimit  

@Jared Charney  

@Mary Jo Strickland  

@Roy  

@Ralph34  

@Robbin J  FIRST TIME  

If anyone else wishes to attend, just reply below.  First timers are always welcome.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary BethI will try to attend the meeting this month, so sent to me the notification. Its lunch time here, but it is imposible create a meeting where we all agree. We all live in different parts of the globe, and it would never be posible for everyone to be optimal. 

Thanks for your time to organize it every months.

• HearPeers Heroes

Updated

Sunday February 26 at 9:15 am New York time.  The meeting opens around 9:00 am New York time for chatting.

Invites are sent a few moments before the meeting opens to those who reply below.

So far invites will be sent to the following members.  No need to reply, you are on the list.

@Mary Beth  

@Joan  

@Dianna  

@Andrew42  

@Lauren  

@Dave in Pittsburgh  

@Tim  

@Kylie  

@Theo  FIRST TIME

@Jimit  

@Jared Charney  

@Mary Jo Strickland  

@Roy  

@Ralph34  

@Robbin J  FIRST TIME  

@Hila

@JoceSky

@Valentin

If anyone else wishes to attend, just reply below.  First timers are always welcome.

• Like 2

I am interested in attending.  In the fall, I went into my settings to adjust how many email alerts I was getting.  Apparently, it stopped any and all email alerts.  Ugh!  Going to go back in to see if I can find an happy compromise.  I need the alerts, just not so many!!  Please email me the link for the Feb GoogleMeet.  Thank you!

On 2/9/2023 at 12:45 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Gerda

Sounds like a fabulous trip!!!

On long flights I just make sure to have extra batteries with me just in case.  I use my Sonnets with BOSE QC35 around the ear headphones.  They have a cord that can be plugged into the airplane entertainment system.

Keep all of your CI supplies with you in your backpack that never leaves your side.  Enjoy.

Just wondering ...is there anything I should do with the sonnet? Turn it on airplane mode ?

I also avoid going through the detector gate and get the pat down instead...

I am fortunate to travel with hearing husband but it helps to inform attendants about my lack of hearing

• HearPeers Heroes

@Gerda Sonnet 1 no need to do anything special when flying.  Sonnet 2 needs to be put in flight mode when flying.

• HearPeers Heroes

Time to get ready for the February GoogleMeet.  Top right menu, select the envelope icon and read and respond in our group chat by Friday.  This is very helpful.  Thank you.

Updated

Invites are sent a few moments before the meeting opens to those who reply below.

@Mary Beth  

@Joan  

@Dianna  

@Andrew42  

@Lauren  

@Dave in Pittsburgh  

@Tim  

@Kylie  

@Theo  FIRST TIME

@Jimit  

@Jared Charney  

@Mary Jo Strickland  

@Roy  

@Ralph34  

@Robbin J  FIRST TIME  

@Hila

@JoceSky

@Valentin

@Heather W

If anyone else wishes to attend, just reply below.  First timers are always welcome.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Abdulaziz

wonderful!  In a moment check the top right menu for the envelope icon and I will send you a private HP mail message to get your email for the GoogleMeet invite which is sent a few minutes before the meeting starts.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Anne N

in a moment check the top right menu for the envelope icon and I will send you a HP private message to get your email address for the invite which is sent a few moments before the meeting begins.

On 2/9/2023 at 12:45 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Gerda

Sounds like a fabulous trip!!!

On long flights I just make sure to have extra batteries with me just in case.  I use my Sonnets with BOSE QC35 around the ear headphones.  They have a cord that can be plugged into the airplane entertainment system.

Keep all of your CI supplies with you in your backpack that never leaves your side.  Enjoy.

Mary Beth

i have not done the airplane flight mode ever. With my sonnet. It worries me to fiddle with my CI...

and my Audi admitted that most people don't do it so I am thinking it is simpler not to do it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Great chat everyone.  This month’s HP GoogleMeet had 18 members participating including 3 first timers.

Thanks, Mary Beth, for facilitating...and keeping the meeting on-topic. While I'm still in the process of adapting to my CI, I learned a good bit about what questions to have for my next audiologist appointment. Look forward to next time. Thanks again.

• Like 2