Schreeching feedback from Sonnet 2 streaming

Viola DeVinney

Hi,

I wear a Sonnet 2 streaming cover. I am presently working with my audiologist because I have frequent intermittent electronic screeching in the device. It is really uncomfortable! Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, the streaming on my IPhone 11 has gone haywire(Heartsounds, games and YouTube stream, but phone ringer, and message alerts do not). I use InnoCaption and love it, but all of a sudden, it sometimes works and sometimes does not.  I would appreciate any input. 
Thanks, 

Vi DeVinney

• HearPeers Heroes

@Viola DeVinney

I was told the Med-El US 1:1 zoom meetings with a Med-El audiologist is the best way to get help with AudioStream.  It’s free but we need to register for a time slot.

https://web.cvent.com/event/9f87401e-5bd8-4868-9e78-1fbba262e086/regProcessStep1

Thanks…have had a Zoom meet with Med-El and my audiologist had a rep cone to an appointment…still getting feedback. My audios still trying to help. I just wondered if anyone else had this problem. Today my phone upgraded and now, phone ringing, phone conversation and text have all gone silent(IPhone 11…upgrades to 16.3. I am going to try to call Apple Support tomorrow.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Viola DeVinney

I have been reading posts from Cochlear CI users who also have experienced streaming issues after recent iPhone iOS updates.

My go to is always to have the iPhone forget this device and then delete AudioKey2 and download it again.  And start over with configuring AudioStream.

Thanks…seeing my audiologist next week and may wait until then. Relieved to hear I’m not alone.

My audiologist and the Med-El rep checked it out on my last visit and could find nothing wrong, but I am beginning to suspect that there is a problem. The feedback is high pitched and painful…I’ve dubbed it “schreeching”. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Viola DeVinney

I would have my customer service representative replace it under warranty.  Something is clearly not right.

I’ll mention that to the audiologist. He is very helpful and has been in touch with Med-El.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Viola DeVinney

I just saw this on InnoCaptions’s post about BT connectivity issues after updating iPhones.  Maybe it will help.

CB7D9772-2174-4126-A4F3-8CE8E4F8C589.jpeg

Thanks Thanks…have had a Zoom meet with Med-El and my audiologist had a rep cone to an appointment…still getting feedback. My audios still trying to help. I just wondered if anyone else had this problem. Today my phone upgraded and now, phone ringing, phone conversation and text have all gone silent(IPhone 11…upgrades to 16.3. I am going to try to call Apple Support tomorrow.

I did try deleting the InnoCaption app and reinstalling, but it did not work. I have been texting with their support team for some time, now.

• 2 weeks later...

Had my Sonnet streamer replaced…so far, the screeching and feedback are gone!🤞🏼

InnoCaption is still not working. My audiologist even spent time attempting to resolve the issue, but no luck. The ringer no longer streams and calls sometimes stream, sometimes come over speaker and sometimes there is no audio. My audiologist texted them and they said they would work on it, but I’ve heard nothing.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Viola DeVinney

I am glad your AudioStream was replaced and the new one is working well.  

As far as InnoCaption support… I have found them very responsive when I have contacted them through their app directly.

Yes, that is how I’ve been talking to them. They ARE very supportive, but apparently stymied by this situation…have always been able to resolve issues before this.