Audiostream connectivity problems

Asher kim

I have a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra  I recently had a software update  and now I  cannot  get  my audio stream to connect  at all! Is anyone  else  having  problems? It was picky before  but now  it  just won't  connect. I  use the audiokey 2 app.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Asher kim

I am not an android phone user but what seems to work for many is to forget this device and reconfigure the AudioStream again.

5 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Asher kim

I am not an android phone user but what seems to work for many is to forget this device and reconfigure the AudioStream again.

Thanks 

I have  already tried  that it won't  update  or reconfigure It's  so frustrating.  It can't  find my audio stream  at all.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Kim

It sounds really frustrating.  By any chance has your AudioStream been connected to any other tablet or phone?

@Lauren do you have any suggestions?  How did you fix your AudioStream issue?

@Mary Beth not sure, but made sure I tried at home to eliminate the possibility of any interference. 

1- Completely removed AudioStreams from my phone (iPhone, so removed from Bluetooth, accessibility, and AudioKey2)

2- Turned phone off for 30 seconds to wipe out anything else that might still be in the background, then turned back on. 

3- Entered AudioKey2 before doing anything else, and started configuration. I needed to connect two so toggled both Left and Right on. 

4- Followed screen prompts through to completion. 

Turned out to work that time. Go figure. Tested connection by streaming and it worked. 

Link to Med-El’s help page: https://www.medel.com/support/product-support/accessories/audiostream

And email support I received from MED-EL: 153C4D37-8B0F-40E1-B9AF-33E49E19E1A5.thumb.jpeg.4829aa8d6fe9397d5f08b1708e7da3df.jpeg

F8BC8842-4319-402A-AFC6-6ACA1F12A5DA.thumb.jpeg.487ed99b9c8aa0943888fd68e316a4e5.jpeg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Kim

It sounds really frustrating.  By any chance has your AudioStream been connected to any other tablet or phone?

@Lauren do you have any suggestions?  How did you fix your AudioStream issue?

No I  only use my phone to stop this sort of thing  happening 🤣

34 minutes ago, Lauren said:

@Mary Beth not sure, but made sure I tried at home to eliminate the possibility of any interference. 

1- Completely removed AudioStreams from my phone (iPhone, so removed from Bluetooth, accessibility, and AudioKey2)

2- Turned phone off for 30 seconds to wipe out anything else that might still be in the background, then turned back on. 

3- Entered AudioKey2 before doing anything else, and started configuration. I needed to connect two so toggled both Left and Right on. 

4- Followed screen prompts through to completion. 

Turned out to work that time. Go figure. Tested connection by streaming and it worked. 

Link to Med-El’s help page: https://www.medel.com/support/product-support/accessories/audiostream

And email support I received from MED-EL: 153C4D37-8B0F-40E1-B9AF-33E49E19E1A5.thumb.jpeg.4829aa8d6fe9397d5f08b1708e7da3df.jpeg

F8BC8842-4319-402A-AFC6-6ACA1F12A5DA.thumb.jpeg.487ed99b9c8aa0943888fd68e316a4e5.jpeg

Thanks Lauren 

I have already  tried  all that. It connects to the processor  as remote control  but won't  connect with the audiostream  at all. Not reconfigure  or anything  been  trying  everything I  could think  of.  I  even  uninstalled and re installed the app!!

@Kim maybe a 1:1 meet with Med-El would help? Link below is for scheduling assistance with Med-El  

https://web.cvent.com/event/9f87401e-5bd8-4868-9e78-1fbba262e086/regProcessStep1

Ive done these a few times and find it so helpful getting issues resolved. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lauren said:

@Kim maybe a 1:1 meet with Med-El would help? Link below is for scheduling assistance with Med-El  

https://web.cvent.com/event/9f87401e-5bd8-4868-9e78-1fbba262e086/regProcessStep1

Ive done these a few times and find it so helpful getting issues resolved. 

I think  that's the only option I have left 😕 

• HearPeers Heroes

That is a Med-El US support service I believe.  Maybe there is something similar in other counties.

3 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

That is a Med-El US support service I believe.  Maybe there is something similar in other counties.

Yeah I  just  realised that 

I  usually just email med el they are always  helpful 

Hi Kim,

thanks for your question. We have reached out to our experts here at MED-EL headquarters and will let you know as soon as we have further information for you. Please also reach out to your local MED-EL team as they are best equipped to help you on-site: Clinic Finder (medel.com)

Kind regards, 
Marina

40 minutes ago, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi Kim,

thanks for your question. We have reached out to our experts here at MED-EL headquarters and will let you know as soon as we have further information for you. Please also reach out to your local MED-EL team as they are best equipped to help you on-site: Clinic Finder (medel.com)

Kind regards, 
Marina

Thank you 

Hi Kim,

thanks for your patience. Our experts have replied that, due to the software update with your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, the device has been made incompatible with AudioStream. This is why we have removed this device from the list of compatible devices. There is unfortunately no way for us to fix this from the phone side, but we are testing again with each month's update to check if the issue has been resolved. We will let you know once that happens.

Kind regards,
Gordana

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi Kim,

thanks for your patience. Our experts have replied that, due to the software update with your Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, the device has been made incompatible with AudioStream. This is why we have removed this device from the list of compatible devices. There is unfortunately no way for us to fix this from the phone side, but we are testing again with each month's update to check if the issue has been resolved. We will let you know once that happens.

Kind regards,
Gordana

Omg that's  horrendous 

Where can I find the list of compatible phones.  I  might be able to swap phones with my husband. 

23 minutes ago, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi again, 

here's the list of compatible devices for AudioStream: AudioStream - Connect Your MED-EL Cochlear Implant (medel.com).
Please let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
Gordana

The Samsung galaxy s23 isn't on the list  do you know if it's  compatible? I  don't want to buy one if it isn't. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I can not wait for BTLE 5.2 and AuraCast to be readily incorporated in phones, tablets, computers, TVs, theaters, etc .  It seems it will be a universal design and end these kind of issues.  Fingers crossed it lives up to its advertising.

• Like 3