Connecting tv to Audiolink

Frits Meijlink

Since one year I am using a Rondo 3, and since very recently an AudioLink. 

I am trying to hook up my AudioLink to my tv set. The latter is a Samsung QN85A with no analog sound output. I have therefore, as far as I can see, to use either an HDMI or an optical cable for output. Obviously, no direct connection with the AudioLink is possible. 

I was wondering how others have resolved this, in other words what kind of adaptor/converter cables are possible and preferable.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Frits Meijlink

A digital to analog converter box or setting the AudioLink on its dock near the TV speakers but not actually wired to the TV and using the AudioLink as a remote mic.

• Thanks 1

Hi fritz, ive used my audiolink with my ci and ha as mary beth suggested. It does work well on family tv as you can adjust your hearing device volume as needed.

I also found a plug in the back of my tv that accepted the red and white plug, like a headphone jack, and plug in my audiolink base. It works great within 10 ft. I walk in, turn on tv and audiolink fires up in seconds. I turn off tv speakers and its my own private tv.

On 3/2/2023 at 2:53 PM, Mary Beth said:
3 hours ago, Dianna said:

I also found a plug in the back of my tv that accepted the red and white plug, like a headphone jack, and plug in my audiolink base. It works great within 10 ft. I walk in, turn on tv and audiolink fires up in seconds. I turn off tv speakers and its my own private tv.

Hi Dianna,

Thanks. The problem is that my tv has no analog output (e.g., RCA=red&white plugs) and the AudioLink has no digital input. So I need -as Mary Beth pointed out- a converter. I am currently trying to find a suitable optical cable to connect my tv with this converter. Hopefully, the next AudioLink model (if and) will be capable of communicating directly with digital tvs, that would be a lot easier!

• HearPeers Heroes

@Frits Meijlink

Some newer TVs have a headphone jack AND an accessibility setting for multi audio so others in the room can continue to hear through the regular speakers even when the AudioLink is plugged into the headphone jack.