Rechargeable Battery MAX charging cycles

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

I just noticed how many more charging cycles the MAX battery has compared to the standard and micro

473E9601-E341-4BAE-A765-A52214EEB1E1.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@Dianna

The number of charging cycles for each type of Sonnet/Sonnet2 rechargeable battery has changed and at the moment the Med-El global and Med-El US websites have different information listed so I do not know if the Sonnet MAX rechargeable has more charging cycles, the same number of charging cycles or less charging cycles than the other batteries.

CA4413EB-77A3-4CDB-BADB-38AFBB7B46D1.png

9D42EB95-E4FE-486C-B24F-DC652FA1E989.jpeg

Hi @Mary Beth ,

we can understand that this is a little bit confusing. Please let us clarify:

We’ve carried out long-term tests for the standard and micro rechargeable batteries, which delivered the result of > 5000 charging cycles. Battery Max was only launched last year and we don't have this long-term data available yet.

Depending on the country, there may be differences in regulations regarding approval and also when it comes  to the update cycles of the information in any manuals/materials. This leads to currently different information on the international/global MED-EL website and US-specific website. We apologize for any inconvenience and confusion.

Kind regards,

Barbara 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

thanks Barbara 

Are the same original version Sonnet standard rechargeable batteries which had said greater than 500 charging cycles now known to last greater than 5000 charging cycles or is the increase in charging cycles only for version 2?

Mary Beth, have you tried the Max batteries yet? Just curious how much bigger the covers are. I need to order new batteries regardless so figured I might as well upgrade to Max over standard. Are the Max covers similar in size to the FM covers? (just to compare external dimensions)

• HearPeers Heroes

@Hilary Beaumont Brownthey're significantly longer.  The batteries themselves are over an inch long and the covers are nearly two inches, I'd guesstimate (sorry, they're not here where I am right now).  But yes, quite a bit longer.

22 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

@MED-EL Moderator

thanks Barbara 

Are the same original version Sonnet standard rechargeable batteries which had said greater than 500 charging cycles now known to last greater than 5000 charging cycles or is the increase in charging cycles only for version 2?

Hi @Mary Beth,

the 5000 cycles apply to all Micro and Standard batteries and are not limited to revision 2.

• 2 weeks later...
Going in next week for mapping of my bilateral Sonnet 2 upgrades.   Almost finished reading/reviewing the new manuals.  Very surprised page 7 of "SONNET Rechargeable Battery Kit User Manual (issued 02/2022)" had a NOTE saying, " The SONNET rechargeable batteries...should be replaced when they last less than half day of use..." 
Max: replace when lasts less than 10 hours
Standard: replace when lasts 7 hours or less
Micro: replace when lasts less than 4 hours

I never really paid attention but did notice I had to change my aging RCBs more frequently.  Was kind of annoying  but never that bad.  My RCBs came with my Sonnets in Aug 2016.

I'm in the process of upgrading also and was wondering what combination of RCB's to get. 17 hours on the max would be awesome and require less changing in the day. My current 3 set of standards are barely making 8 hours together. They are almost 5 years old though and have many hours on them. 2 max and 1 standard or 2 standard and 1 max, that is  the question?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Tgayda

Just keep in mind that the max rechargeable battery does not work with the AudioStream cover because it is too long

Good point, I'm retired and travel a lot. Right now I don't use the phone with the cochlear side, old habit to phone on the left, (my past "better side") and I can hook it up to the remote on the regular hearing aid. Would like to be able to do the cochlear side. Thinking ahead to the next 5 years. Thanks Mary Beth, happy to see you are still on top of things here.

17 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

Enjoy your new Sonnet 2 upgrades @Bluebirder!

Thanks, Mary Beth! 😃

• 5 months later...

Just my two cents... I am using MAX Rechargeable batteries for my 2 (binaural) Sonnet-2 processors. I insert freshly charged MAX batteries into my processors in the morning (approx 7:00 AM). At around 7:00 PM, I switch to standard rechargeable batteries until bedtime. This way, I make only one battery change per day (each processor). No inconvenient "Beeping" while driving or in inconvenient settings. Works well for me.  

The "long" MAX battery cover works well with the standard rechargeable batteries (but NOT the disposable Zinc-Air).

I have not noticed any significant degradation in the MAX batteries in the past 6 months.

OK-- my 2 cent time is up !😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Hal in Maryland said:

Just my two cents... I am using MAX Rechargeable batteries for my 2 (binaural) Sonnet-2 processors. I insert freshly charged MAX batteries into my processors in the morning (approx 7:00 AM). At around 7:00 PM, I switch to standard rechargeable batteries until bedtime. This way, I make only one battery change per day (each processor). No inconvenient "Beeping" while driving or in inconvenient settings. Works well for me.  

The "long" MAX battery cover works well with the standard rechargeable batteries (but NOT the disposable Zinc-Air).

I have not noticed any significant degradation in the MAX batteries in the past 6 months.

OK-- my 2 cent time is up !😆

Thanks buddy!!! Im about to purchase a single max for my one sonnet2eas.  Ive lost two regular size so one max and one regular if needed to save disposables!!!!

Loved your 2 cents and thanks for the warning about the disposable tray

• Like 1

Omgosh, yesterday was my birthday, and i received a bunch of cards with money in them! My family knew i had lost two of my three batteries, and collectively gave me funds to replace the batteries i had lost!!! Im tearing up now as i write this!!! So today i ordered battery max and cover and had almost the full amount in my hands because of my family coordinating my birthday gifts!!

I was activated on sep 10 exCtly 2 years ago, i thought the best gift ever, now 2 years later another BIG gift!!! Yay for family!!

For me double WOW 👌 ❤️ 😍 💖 ❣️ 💕 

• Like 2

You bet!!! I have been wanting it so bad! Should get it this week. My appointment for research stuff, the new eas plug and max should be all in line by next week, all day testing will be a good trial of the big guy!!

Great battery!

I put on at 5 am beeped at 10!!!! 17 hours!

Its a little big, but all day is worth it!!!!

We had a tie dye party, bending, reaching, didnt move, it feels just like a standard size, love love it.

• Like 2