I am New

Ken T

I am new. Going to have my CI  April 19th at University of Michigan. Was wondering if anyone had there CI at U of M. My surgeon is Dr.StevenTellian.

Any input will help.

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to hearpeers Ken. 

Thats got to be exciting for you to get a surgery date. I live in South Carolina so can't help with your question about surgeons. I have been bilaterally implanted for over 5 years now. Feel free to share as much or as little as you want about yourself. Ask as many questions as you prefer. This is a great group of people from all over the world, each in different stages of their hearing journey. 

Adam

Hi Ken, I live in Battle Creek, MI and had my CI done in Grand Rapids at Spectrum Hospital (2/23/2016) by Surgeon Dr. Candace Colby from ENT Consultants. I researched U of M and read only good things about there program and Surgeon Dr. Steven Tellian. My reason for picking Dr. Colby G.R. was for two reasons, 1) WMU is my team taking care of me with my new Mi1200 SYNCHRONY with Rondo system which only takes me 30 minutes to get to there office. 2) For my area Dr. Colby in west Michigan had done the most Med-EL CI's. Your support team after activation is the most important thing you need to look forward to. You will love your choice picking Med-EL, there customer service is amazing on any question or needing any part. A simple e-mail to them and no matter what you need they will be in contact with you same day.

Good Luck, and Welcome to our little world.

P.S. I have had not less than 8 visits to WMU and at each meeting Med-EL Co. people have been in every visit to help WMU's doctors and Audiologists to make sure their products are providing all available from there implants software and hardware.

Pat Tichenor

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome to the group Ken!

Congrats on getting a surgery date ? I got my left implant October of 2016 at Johns Hopkins. It's been an interesting journey so far. You will find so many resources and information here as well as great people! I'm sorry I can't be of any help with surgeons as I live in DE.

Ask all the questions you need to. Good luck and keep us updated on your progress! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Welcome!  I wish you the best.  I am in NY.

Thank you all. i am so excited  to get this done. will let you all know how everything goes.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi  I had my surgery yesterday at University of Michigan. everything went well. The doctors, and nursing staff are the best. Kept my family and me very informed on what was gong on ,  and what to expect over the next few days. I fell great today, no pain at all . Now the waiting starts. My CI will be activated on May 23. I can't wait.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Ken!

Thanks for the update [emoji16] Glad to hear everything went well and you are feeling good. Yes, let the healing and waiting game begin! I'm excited for you [emoji16] keep us posted on activation!

• HearPeers Heroes

Terrific Ken!  Activation is the beginning of a fabulous journey!  Rest up.  You will sonn be very busy listening.  Smile.