Something to think about

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

I totally agree with Ana's thoughts and conclusion.
As a child raised by my parents with bilateral hearing loss I find 100% correct their act. Although being a special kid who sometimes needs understanding or repeatings, he is still capable to do whatever he wants to. This move his boundaries.
I remember when I was a kid, playing soccer, chasing with my brother through a wood, playing "catch me if you can"...
After so many years, I have found 100% correct the decision of my parents - to play an instrument. These days, although hearing impaired I have one ghost: capturing music as best I can. I adore Beethoven's 7th symphony, second part or the Egmont's overture...

So, up to the point that someone tells you that there is something what you can't do - you do not think about it. And I am not talking about bungee-jumping. We need pushing our boundaries to unlimit us - this act of mind develops our creativity of resolving problems, coping with our everyday life-time challenges - not just physical one than admitting to yourself: ok, this is something what I can't do... and I need someone's help - I need this to tell someone and need someone to understand. This is a lesson I have learnt while I was growing up.
Take care people! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam - I adore your selection of interesting stories where there are many angles to discuss.
[emoji39][emoji2]

Lovely read, thank you Adam for sharing.  I totally agree with it, no child should be treated differently you just have to respect and cater to the special need, that could be anything!

My daughter, Priyanka, who is bilateral, Opus2, 7yrs old, celebrated International Cochlear Implant by addressing the assembly and educating her hearing peers about what it feels to be deaf, what is a Cochlear Implant and how they can help her to hear better.  She also spoke about why she has to wear a protective head band and how they can help.  It was very liberating experience for Priyanka and has achieved a new level of confidence.  This was so well received that the school has decided to make this a regular feature and invite any child who wants to share something!?

• HearPeers Heroes

Great!
So you see - sometimes the liberation of ourselves is hard decision but almost our duty. Henry Thoreau told:
"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant".
[emoji6]