Roger Pen

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

Got to try out the Roger Pen today at the MEDEL Mingle.

i like it a lot. Might look into it a little more. Forgot to ask what they retail for

• HearPeers Heroes

We have to order them through an audiologist.  You can find some on eBay but it's important to note that there are two versions

Roger Pen

Roger  Easy Pen (more limited)

• HearPeers Heroes

Adam,

You would also need Roger receivers too.  Phonak recommends Roger X (type 02) receivers for CI users and you need to request that the receivers be set to the specific CI setting for Sonnets.  The Roger Pen can not set that for you.  Phonak can set it or anyone with a Roger Inspiro or Roger Touchscreen can set it for you.  

• 3 weeks later...

Med-El is offering the Roger pen with the Roger X Receiver as an option in all new system purchases that include a Sonnet processor. I wonder why it's only for new Sonnet systems, rather than also being available existing to Sonnet users.

http://s3.medel.com.s3.amazonaws.com/pdf/26458_r1.0_ROGER_brochure_WEB.PDF

• HearPeers Heroes

It's free as an option instead of the Quattro 4 BlueTooth neckloop for new users who choose Sonnets.  Med-El has run other promos that were only for new users too like: Sonnet voucher and Plus Rondo.  Neither of those promos were offered to present users, just new users.

We can all choose to purchase the Roger System for our Sonnets from our audiologists.  It has always worked with the Sonnets.  That is not new.  

I think about all of these new user promos as part of doing business and being competitive with the other brands.  

What  I am really interested in is the future wireless devices for the Sonnet that Med-El is developing.  I can't wait.

I got to try one out with my audiologist and was greatly impressed. I wanted to purchase one but she dissuaded me as she doesn't feel I've progressed enough to benefit from it yet. Unless something better comes along in the interval, I'll be getting one when it's time. What little research I did online leads me to also offer the advice to ignore eBay and other second hand sales.

@Mary Beth

Update:

As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, I decided to go bilateral and had a second Synchrony implant procedure on April 3rd. Activation will be this Wednesday, April 26 and like my first implant, it will be with a Sonnet processor.

The brochure stated a Roger Pen with an X Receiver are available as an alternative Quattro option for "all new system purchases that include a SONNET." I believed system was defined as a new Sonnet processor kit purchased with a new Synchrony implant, and sent an email to my Audiologist for verification. She replied today to advise that I will receive the Roger option.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes it is for new surgeries if Sonnet is chosen.  It is not for people who upgrade to Sonnets from previous processors.  However, anyone with a Sonnet or Opus2 can choose to purchase the Roger system through their audiologist.  

If you like it, you can always purchase a second Roger X (02) receiver for your first side to get bilateral input.

• HearPeers Heroes

@David

I should've said new surgeries instead of new users since you are obviously already a user with your first CI!  Sorry for any confusion.

Mary Beth

• 5 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

There is also a MyLink from phonak. It's a neckloop to use with tcoil mode, so it works with Rondo too.

• HearPeers Heroes

And the Roger MyLink is the only option for using Roger with Med-El processors IF you want 100/0 mix from the sound source since going on T will block out all environmental sounds from your Sonnet mics.