Roger Pen Helpful Tips and videos

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @hearagain

I am sorry you are experiencing trouble with the Roger Pen.  I see you are in the US.  Med-El has regional reps called Consumer Engagement Managers who are able to help us.  If you do not know who your Med-El regional CEM is, just contact your Med-El Customer Service Rep or the main Med-El customer service email and ask to be put in contact with your regional CEM.

If you want to tell us where you are located in the US, one of us may know who your regional CEM is.

Hopefully you get things sorted out soon.  I hope your husband is recovering well from surgery.

Also check out the free app service called InnoCaption.  They caption all incoming voice on your cell phone using actual stenographers instead of automated voice recognition.  It’s free in the US.

https://www.innocaption.com/

Hope you've resolved your issue by now but if not I would be willing to try and assist. I'm not near the expert as MaryBeth but I've picked up quite a bit in the famous "school of hard knocks". My email is heywayne@sbcglobal.net where we could exchange phone numbers or text. Maybe get you started before Monday.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 7/6/2017 at 9:19 PM, Heywayne said:

Hey anybody .... I have the Roger Pen and receiver! Yea !!  Read the directions (unusual for me) and no success.  Flashing blue light always. Called the support number and received a call back a few hours later but just as I answered. my Sonnet battery started beeping so I asked her to hang on while I put in new batteries.  No luck, it was only 10 minutes to her quitting time so she would call me in the morning. She did return my call the following morning and spent quite a while attempting to solve my connection failures including bumping the issue up the line but still with no luck. She said that I would have to go back to my audi and have them call a special support line only available to the retailers.  I had already talked to my audi who confessed too having no knowledge of the product and telling to to make the call that I did to Phonak. This is more than a little frustrating from both the perspective of Phonak and my audi's office not being able to competently support and service the products I pay $$$ for trying to improve my hearing life. Can anyone confirm that the Remote Tuner should be either MT or T to hear from the Roger Pen? I tried all 3 options but none worked.

See the attachment 

but basically to turn off, the blue light Bluetooth mode, press the On/Off button. That’s the top of the three buttons, then press and hold the Red Hang up button on the other side until the Green light flashes. That should do it. Don’t forget to turn off your pen using the On/off button again.

To enable Bluetooth again follow the same steps but press and hold the Green telephone button until the blue light flashes.

Roger Pen user guide.pdf

• 3 months later...

is there a way to connect the Roger Pen to a Receiver, not using the headphone cable or the AV cable. I hoping there is another 3rd party device to use to get the Roger Pen connect to the Receiver. I can not connect it to the TV, because the Receiver is the master of the sound. I have an Onkyo HT-R690 receiver. I have a Cable Box that is my source for watching TV. It connects to the Receiver. I am using the AV cable in the Cable Box to connect the Roger Pen but I would like to get it to work with the Receiver.

• HearPeers Heroes

Are you trying to connect directly to the Roger Pen or the Roger Pen dock?

• HearPeers Heroes

What audio outputs do you have on the receiver?  Are any of them analogue?

• HearPeers Heroes

Is this an option for your set up?

DDAAE5BD-754B-4C27-A2EA-CCF60F365B94.png

I have hdmi output which is for the TV and I have a toslink output (optical cable) out. The SCART will not work on my TV.

• HearPeers Heroes

@mgfiest

In the Cochlear Implant Users FB group there is a conversation about TVs.  And they are specifically discussing toslink.  If you read that topic and ask there, they may be able to help you.  I am learning a lot about TV connectivity and ways of addressing audio delay (which I understand is different than your issue) from that discussion.

You may also be able to take a picture of your receiver options and bring along your Roger Pen dock and ask for suggestions from a store that specializes in audio equipment.

I wish I knew how to fix your problem.  Please let us know when you do find a fix.  Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 6/9/2017 at 6:58 AM, Mary Beth said:

There has been a lot of interest in the Roger System, especially the Roger Pen, since some users are receiving it in their activation kits and others are purchasing it independently.  I have seen lots of helpful info about the Roger System online and thought it may be helpful to have one topic where all of those links can be found.  

The site you refer to on this post has been extremely helpful. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@ept5777

There are 4 pages of posts in this topic about the Roger Pen.  You probably want to start on page 1 and read them in order.  There are a lot of useful links.