Valentin

• HearPeers Heroes

This week, doctors tried to do me a MRI and it was not possible.

The MRI machine was 1.5 Tesla, but in the moment I entered in the tube I felt an moderate/intense pain. It was was increasing during the time. They took me out of there in few seconds.

Really I don't know what happened because I understood MRI was possible with my CI. They follow the recommended indications.

Have had someone same issue?

• HearPeers Heroes

Your head was wrapped and your processor was off right?

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes Mary Beth. The proccesor didn't enter in the room, and wrapp at least with five turns arround.

• HearPeers Heroes

Valentin, I am so sorry to read this.  I wonder what went wrong?   Many members of the FB group have had MRIs with no problems.  I am sorry this happened to you.

Hi Valentin, I'm sorry to hear about this experience and I strongly recommend getting in contact with your local MED-EL Representative to resolve this as soon as possible. I've sent you a private message for further assistance. Kind regards, Leigh 

• 5 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

My wild guess - they didn't (after all) followed the procedure.

Although my device also is confirmed up to 1,5T, I also experienced problem as radiology staff didn't even wonder whether there is a specific procedure how to put an internal unit of BB in the MRI scan.