Getting help when traveling internationally

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@leighf

When we are traveling internationally and experience problems with our processors, how do we get assistance? 

thank you

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Great question Mary Beth.....

I haven't actually thought about this situation at all, although I have only only the one processor which I daily use. :unsure:

• HearPeers Heroes

Maybe @leighf is on vacation?

I am sure she will respond soon.

• HearPeers Heroes

Not sure... But Ben is also with us - can you sign him?

Hi Mary Beth

Thanks for the great question, particularly as its summer and so many people are on vacation right now :)

If you have issues with your audio processor while you're abroad, the best people to contact are the local MED-EL team. So for example, if you are from the US but are on holiday in Brazil, then you should contact the MED-EL team in Brazil and they will be able to help. You can find the contact details for all the local MED-EL offices here: http://www.medel.com/offices-worldwide/

You can of course also contact your regular MED-EL representative, and they will be able to liaise with the office where you are if necessary.

For more tips about traveling with your cochlear implant, check out this post on the MED-EL Blog: https://blog.medel.com/traveling-with-a-cochlear-implant/

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Leigh

• Like 3