Music Retreat

Angie

The Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss is hosting a hearing accessible musical retreat for adults with hearing loss who play musical instruments or sing.   This exciting event will be held in Richmond, Virginia at Roslyn Retreat Center on October 20-21, 2017.   There will be various presentations and activities on making music with a hearing loss.  Joanna Paetzold from Med-El will also give a presentation on how to maintain or develop your singing voice with a hearing loss.

The retreat will end with a benefit concert featuring classical guitarist Charles Mokotoff.   Real-time captioning and a hearing loop will be available for participants at this event.

For details and registration, please go to:
http://aamhl.givezooks.com/events/2017-meetup-at-roslyn

• Like 2

Please forgive me.  But, it has been ages since I've been on HearPeers.  Please have patience with me as I learn or rather re-learn how to navigate this site.  And, heyyyyyy Mary.  LOL

• Like 2

Hi Angela @Angie so great to see you back here.   This retreat sounds great,  I sure do hope you enjoy and learn and share knowledge, then come back to tell about it.  Musical rehab is definitely on my list once I get everything work properly. 

Best wishes, 

Hila

38 minutes ago, Cara Mia said:

Sorry I am too far away from that place.

Hey Cara Mia, where are you located?  So sorry if I am taking so long to reply.  I am returning to HearPeers after so long an absence and they have changed the website.  Thanks for your patience.:)

To learn more about the. Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss, please go to this link.   Thank you.  We have members with varied degrees of hearing loss.  Many wear hearing aids and or cochlear implants.  I am a member of this organization.  https://www.musicianswithhearingloss.org/wp/

@Nikki  Hey!!!!!! I will definitely return to HearPeers and share information that i will obtain from attending this retreat.    Take care. 

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Angie said:

Hey Cara Mia, where are you located?  So sorry if I am taking so long to reply.  I am returning to HearPeers after so long an absence and they have changed the website.  Thanks for your patience.:)

Hi Angela, I am at Pacific NorthWest. Washington state, Greater Seattle area. So, it is not enough for me to have spirit to reach your event. I need a plane. Don't worry about timing. I know very well how it is to be involved in many things. Believe or not, but this morning I thought about you as I got some question I am sure you can help with. Will post it separately. Glad you joined our company again.

• HearPeers Heroes
1 hour ago, Nikki said:

You're cup of tea @Cara Mia

Nikki, great that you are back. When you are going to resolve the issue with your implant? I am sorry that happened to you, but I am sure it is just a delay of your  triumph.  I think we both like the same kind of tea ?

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cara Mia said:

Hi Angela, I am at Pacific NorthWest. Washington state, Greater Seattle area. So, it is not enough for me to have spirit to reach your event. I need a plane. Don't worry about timing. I know very well how it is to be involved in many things. Believe or not, but this morning I thought about you as I got some question I am sure you can help with. Will post it separately. Glad you joined our company again.

Hey @Cara Mia, glad to hear from you.  I can imagine Washington State is beautiful. I really wished you could be here for the music retreat, but the director of AAMHL (Association of Adult Musicians with Hearing Loss) is working to expand having meet ups and conferences at different places throughout the USA.  Right now, we have been focused on the East Coast, having two music related events in Washington DC, years 2015 and 2016.  We did a meet up in Richmond prior, year 2013 or 2014, one of the two.   The organization is trying to put together another meet up in New York next summer.  But,  I will be sure to let the director know about expanding to include out West.  She also puts on webinars as well.    Meanwhile, whatever questions you have, I am here for you.  Take care.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you Angie. I hope somedays Civilization will reach our land's end. It seems like there are almost no HOH people, so no hands on hearing, no other events like that.