Rondo 2 features and questions

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Will Rondo2 have the   2.4 GHz wireless function ?

• HearPeers Heroes

Who knows...? They are definitely working on it...

• HearPeers Heroes

How do people use Rondo with their land line phones? 

• HearPeers Heroes

There are several options for using Rondos with landline phones.  I will list some that do not involve switching to the Rondo mini battery pack.  If you switch to the Rondo mini battery pack, there are more options.

1). Stay in M and hold the phone over the Rondo mic. (This is what I do.)

2). Switch to MT or T and hold the hearing aid compatible phone at the 6:00 position on the Rondo (with mic positioned at 12:00).

3). If your landline has a headphone jack, plug in Cozy Phones headband speakers and position the Cozy Phones over your Rondo mics.  Stay in M.

4).  If your landline has a headphone jack, plug in the Roger Pen and use the Roger MyLink receiver neckloop.  Switch to MT or T.

5). If your landline has a headphone jack, plug in the Artone Mic and use the Artone 3 Max BlueTooth neckloop.  Switch to MT or T.

6). If your landline has a headphone jack, plug in a neckloop.  Many brands available.  Switch to MT or T.

7). Use speakerphone and stay in M.

Other members may have even more suggestions.

How do you listen to your landline phone with your Rondos @Joan?

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

This reminded me of the issue you were having with your Rondo on T.  Did you get your telecoil function working on your Rondo?

• HearPeers Heroes
23 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

The Rondo 2 does not have built in 2.4 GHz connectivity.  It connects the same way the Rondo does now.

https://blog.medel.com/meet-rondo-2-its-never-been-easier/

Interesting... Although announced for Sonnet, even Rondo 2 won't have a true wireless connectivity... I wonder why.... 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth My audi said me that the Telecoil activate itself when I pick up the phone and put on Rondo at 12 - 6 position,  but I believe that I continue earing by the phone speaker. I have not had the opportunity to try it in some center with telecoil or induction system. If I select T or MT mode, I hear noises like interferences.

I don't know if this is a Normal behavior.

• HearPeers Heroes

The Rondo mic at 12:00 position, gives us the strongest telecoil at the 6:00 position according to Med-El.

If I am at home and not near an active microwave or clothes dryer, when I switch to T I do not hear any interference (buzzing).  I actually hear nothing at all.....like on mute.  Then if I use a phone or a neckloop, I hear those sounds.

At the university, I teach in a classroom where I can not switch to MT or T because of the wiring in the walls.  That room gives me a constant buzzing.

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 9/16/2017 at 8:02 PM, Harald F. said:

@Mary Beth: I'v been asking myself the exact same questions. According to MED-EL's website, RONDO 2 has only one microphone, no other wireless options besides a telecoil and battery life is claimed to be 'more than five years.' No info about alternative battery options or dry kit.

I have to say, while the sleeker design is appealing and wireless charging does sound convenient, this doesn't seem like a real upgrade to me. In terms of hardware, SONNET is more advanced, I guess. However, I wouldn't want to miss the comfort of a single-unit processor and I'm hearing very well with my RONDOs. 

Me too.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 9/16/2017 at 11:47 PM, Kara of Canada said:

Rondo 2 has a back up batterly pack the runs on aaa that will give you a boost to get through extra long days. I believe it's 35 hours of power. No drying kit needed. Yes Rondo 2 is still one mic so it's not equal to Sonnet BTE. 

On 9/16/2017 at 11:47 PM, Kara of Canada said:

Rondo 2 has a back up batterly pack the runs on aaa that will give you a boost to get through extra long days. I believe it's 35 hours of power. No drying kit needed. Yes Rondo 2 is still one mic so it's not equal to Sonnet BTE. 

How does this work? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes
On 11/3/2017 at 4:51 AM, MED-EL Moderator said:

Hi Mary Beth,

To give you an update on this, it looks like we will be able to get the head of RONDO 2 Product Management online for a live chat in early 2018, probably January. We've decided to wait until then, as we will have even more details about RONDO 2 we can share with you all! I'll keep you all posted on this and will confirm everything as soon as possible. Thanks again for the great suggestion, Kara!

Kind regards, 

Leigh

Hi @MED-EL Moderator

We are still interested in this live chat with the head of Rondo 2 Product Management.  Any idea of when it will be scheduled?

thanks

Mary Beth 

Hi @Mary Beth!

There is no date yet terminated for the live chat. We will keep you updated.

Kind regards,

Barbara

For the back up batteries pack for rondo2 can the rechargeable batteries be use

• HearPeers Heroes

The mini battery pack that can be used by the Opus 2, Sonnet and Rondo uses special cables to attach to the same actual battery pack.  That battery pack can use a DaCapo rechargeable battery or a disposable battery.

I hope the Rondo 2’s built in rechargeable battery lasts all day and we only need to think about using the mini battery pack in special circumstances (traveling for over 18 hours, power outages when it is not easy to charge the Rondo 2).

Have you seen the mini battery packs yet?  They use a long cable from the processor to the battery pack that attaches to a shirt or waistline.  Bilateral users would need 2.

• HearPeers Heroes

• 1 month later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

Now that Rondo 2 has been released in some counties in Europe, is there a Rondo 2 user manual online somewhere?  I’d like to read more about the Rondo 2.  Thanks for your help.

On 6/21/2018 at 5:50 PM, Mary Beth said:

@MED-EL Moderator

Now that Rondo 2 has been released in some counties in Europe, is there a Rondo 2 user manual online somewhere?  I’d like to read more about the Rondo 2.  Thanks for your help.

Hi Mary Beth, thanks for your interest in RONDO 2. Currently there are no available RONDO 2 user manuals available online, but I will keep you updated on this :) . Kind regards, Leigh