Quatro 4.0 problem

David Crymes

• HearPeers Heroes

@Cara Mia

Okay I played around with my BOSE QC35 headphones and my Rondos.  I can’t position it the way you mentioned because it pulls my Rondos out of position.  I can use them though with my Rondos.  Sounds great.  Looks a bit odd to others though because I am wearing headphones yet my ears are completely exposed!  Smile. Definitely will draw some second looks!  But works fine and remains an option for Rondos which is great since I am still in my 2 month Rondo test.  And I had missed these headphones.  Thanks for the nudge.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@David Crymes

I sent you a private message.  It should show up at the top of your screen near the envelope.

On 11/5/2017 at 8:12 AM, Mary Beth said:

@David Crymes

I agree that it should not be this difficult to get your Quattro 4 working for you.  I actually do not know of anyone else who has not been able to get their Quattro 4 working, but that doesn’t mean they don’t exist.  Smile.

I had used my Quattro 4 daily for over a year and a half before switching to the Artone 3 MAX BlueTooth neckloop.  I prefer the Artone neckloop for several reasons, but the Quattro 4 worked easily for me too.

It can be difficult to help someone via a series of posts to a forum.  Many times it works and the person is helped.  This time it doesn’t seem to be working and I am sorry about that.

We are fellow Med El users here just trying to help each other out the best we can.

The one thing that may be helpful for you to check is whether your telecoil is working with a different piece of tech.  Do you have a landline phone that is hearing aid compatible?  Most landline phones are HA compatible.  If so you can test your telecoil function of your Sonnet by switching to T via your Fine Tuner and holding the landline phone up to your Sonnet.  Place a call to your wife’s cell phone and see if you can hear her.  For this purpose, it doesn’t matter if you can actually understand her words...just if you can hear her.  Being on T will limit your sound input to just what is coming through your telecoil.  If you do not hear her and your phone is HA compatible, then either your Sonnet did not switch to T or your Fine Tuner does not have T enabled or something is wrong with your Sonnet’s actual telecoil.

When I press the T or MT button on my Fine Tuner, I hear a beep kind of sound in my Sonnets letting me know the command was received.  Do you hear that when you hold your Fine Tuner close to your Sonnet and press T or MT?    I have discovered something. When I answer my wife's call and push Quatro 4 on my phone I hear nothing. Then there is a center box to touch and do not hear anything there. But if I push speaker phone, I hear through my cochlear but my speaker on the phone is blaring. So much for privacy if I am in a public place. This is where it is now at.  David

@Kara of Canada, do you have any other ideas that may help David?

@Cara Mia?

@Karen T

One last thought @David Crymes

The best sound for phones and music etc with my Sonnets is when I use BOSE QC35 BlueTooth headphones.  We use them just like everyone else.  No special steps.  Just stay in M and enjoy the sound.  @Sherri and @Karen T also use BOSE QC35 BlueTooth headphones with their Sonnets so they may be willing to share their opinion of them with you too.

good luck David.

18 hours ago, Kara of Canada said:

First thanks @Mary Beth  I would add that to make sure the Sonnet is paired with the finetumer first. Then you need to make sure the phone is in Bluetooth mode. Go into settings and make sure that it says paired with Quattro 4. Then make the screen on the Quattro says iPhone or if you have a name for your phone make sure that appears. To answer a call it should appear incoming on the Quattro screen. Then double click the power button to answer. Then your phone will give you the option for what connection to use. Should appear Quattro 4 (iPhone) slelct Quattro 4. The call should be in progress now. When done call press and hold the power button on the Quattro for three seconds then you should hear call terminated. I hope this helps. As a Med El recipient we have exclusive access to the VIP hotline at clearsounds. 1888 340-1002 or email at medelsupport@clearsounds.com  I hope this helps. Please let me know @David Crymes if this doesn’t work.    Thanks for your help. Everything is paired. I have to answer the phone as pushing the silver button twice does nothing. I answer the call the way anyone would by touching the phone. I am given three choices. When I push the quarto 4 selection there is nothing. The second selection there is nothing. When I push the speaker phone selection, it works. I can hear through my implant but also the speaker phone is blaring as I have everything on high. I know this can't be right.  David

I would add that when I first received the Quatro 4, I followed the instructions to the letter and it worked perfectly one time. I ended up returning the equipment and still am at a loss.  David

• HearPeers Heroes

Sorry to hear this @David Crymes  I also had to return a Quattro. But got it quickly replaced. I quite enjoy my Quattro. thats with everything, It’s not always the best for everyone.  I hope you find something that does work for you. It may take a little experimenting. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@David Crymes

Hi David,

Were you able to connect with Jeff Campagna at Med El for help with your Quattro 4 problem?  

On 11/5/2017 at 2:46 PM, Kara of Canada said:

First thanks @Mary Beth  I would add that to make sure the Sonnet is paired with the finetumer first. Then you need to make sure the phone is in Bluetooth mode. Go into settings and make sure that it says paired with Quattro 4. Then make the screen on the Quattro says iPhone or if you have a name for your phone make sure that appears. To answer a call it should appear incoming on the Quattro screen. Then double click the power button to answer. Then your phone will give you the option for what connection to use. Should appear Quattro 4 (iPhone) slelct Quattro 4. The call should be in progress now. When done call press and hold the power button on the Quattro for three seconds then you should hear call terminated. I hope this helps. As a Med El recipient we have exclusive access to the VIP hotline at clearsounds. 1888 340-1002 or email at medelsupport@clearsounds.com  I hope this helps. Please let me know @David Crymes if this doesn’t work. 

Yes I have done all of that. What happens is I push the button twice to answer a call and it won't work. I have to pick up the phone. Then a screen shows up with three choice 1 quarto 4 #2 Phone and #3 Speaker phone. If I push anything other than speaker phone I get nothing. If I hit speaker phone, I can hear the blue tooth work fine but my phone is blaring out the conversation too. This is not the way it is supposed to work.

• Like 1