BoneBridge online!

Mitchell

So I finally got my samba this past Friday. I have no words to describe the difference it is making already. The improvement in both my hearing and quality if life Is unfathomable, I'll never be able to function without it again, and it isnt even working at full capacity yet.

My audi was able to eliminate pretty well all of the distortion during the initial setup and most sound is crisp and clear. This device is a miracle, there is no other way to put it.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I love hearing positive feedback! Congrats on your new bonebridge implant. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hi, Mitchell,

Pretty good damn little thing :D 

Joking a bit, but not when we're talking about the impact it made personally in my life. I use mine since it came out and I reminded almost immediately the improvement regarding its technical abilities. 

I was even more astonished when I heard for the first time the music streamed over miniTek streamer.... 

What kind of hearing loss do you have? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hello @Vera,

Unfortunately, I do not speak Portuguese so I will try to answer you best as I can - in English. 

Technically speaking, you are now single sided deaf person due to the acoustic neuroma tumor removal. The second ear for a human is important in order to enable them a sound location but also giving them a richness of sound in order to better understand speech, especially in noise. In practice, this operation gives you the ability to pick up a sound from your deaf side and direct it into your functional ear in order to give you the latterly described ability. Unfortunately, for having directionality, you have to have two functional cochleas so this feature is not possible to restore. More detail, an internal unit is implanted in the temporal bone, on top of it comes outer unit which picks up a sound.

If you have more questions, please ask further....

• 5 weeks later...

Hello @Vera Mattos

If you'd like to learn more about our hearing systems, you should get in touch with your local MED-EL office. They can help you look into options for your specific hearing loss. I'll send you a private with more information.