Adhear questions and answers

Kara of Canada

Hello. I have a 6 months little boy with unilateral microtia atresia (I don't know if in English is written as Spanish). As far as my wife and I understand, after tests and medical explanations, is that our baby can  hear above 55db (left ear) and completely normal in his right ear. With this hearing level, is it recommended to use Adhear?. Adhear is available to purchase in Mexico 2 months ago, I would like to know if you have technical reviews, pros or cons for this device.

Thanks!

Hello. I have a 6 months little boy with unilateral microtia atresia (I don't know if in English is written as Spanish). As far as my wife and I understand, after tests and medical explanations, is that our baby can  hear above 55db (left ear) and completely normal in his right ear. With this hearing level, is it recommended to use Adhear?. Adhear is available to purchase in Mexico 2 months ago, I would like to know if you have technical reviews, pros or cons for this device.

Thanks!

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Unfortunately - I didn’t.

of course it can.

I am still not familiar regarding the directionality however.

Researches shown that Bonebridge does not disturb it, but Soundbridge might. Conclusions are based on long-term work of German scientists, e.g. Dr. Frenzel. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I noticed an article stating Adhear is available in Canada! 

• 3 years later...

Hi!!

my daughter has been using ADHEAR since a year for unilateral Microtia.

now it has some trouble. When taken to service center of Medel in UAE, they said 

there is a speaker issue and has to be repaired.

how many of u have had issues similar or other with ADHEAR and how is the Medel service

thanking you all in advance