favorite WOW moments

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

So today I'm getting out of my car and I heard the wind chimes in my neighbour's garage. That's about 10-15 feet away! So cool! Can't recall when last I have heard chimes with my regular ears! Maybe a decade or more! 

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Wonderful @Jewel!!! I love wind chimes even more now that I can hear the full range. I even hang them on my ceiling fans so they chime/tinkle when the fan is on 😁

Thanks, @Jewel ... sometimes lately just been feeling 'bleh' from the weather, holidays coming up, allergies, confidence in hearing, etc.... but your story reminded me of a recent one to share back (and a needful reminder of 'relaxing' in my head and feeling 'yay' about stuff)...
Walked out to my car, and I usually park at the side of the parking lot, bordered by bushes.  As I walked by (I'm surprised they didn't fly away from me being only about four feet distance) a group of those tiny little round birds suddenly excitedly (or angrily?) burst into chittering tweets for a bit, and I just blinked and glanced over, standing there amused and touched for a moment at the fact that I could hear them so clearly.  :)

• HearPeers Heroes

Last weekend I was down in our laundry room putting in a load of clothes and this weird noise started up.  I was getting really alarmed and was going to get my husband to figure out what was about to explode when I realized that I was standing next to the furnace, which had just kicked on. 

Heh.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Beth  It was, of course, pretty unlikely, but it was an odd noise and I had managed not to stand right next to the furnace before with CIs in.

• HearPeers Heroes

Wow.  I had no idea how loud my husband's CPAP is.

• HearPeers Heroes

I heard a strange noise while in my bedroom this morning. Followed the sound downstairs. Turns out my mom had turned the stove burner on Lite and didn't move it to the right position so it was going "tick tick tick tick tick tick." She was shocked that I heard the sound from upstairs! 😂 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Just got off the phone, I had a fifteen-minute call with a guy in St Paul.  I haven't been able to do that since my second CI was activated.  😀

2 hours ago, Mary Featherston said:

I haven't been able to do that since my second CI was activated.  😀

@Mary Featherston can you please clarify? Did you listen to the call with your new ear?  Do you use any assistive listening device? 

Happy for you,  it's obviously good news!

• HearPeers Heroes
24 minutes ago, Nikki said:

@Mary Featherston can you please clarify? Did you listen to the call with your new ear?  Do you use any assistive listening device? 

Happy for you,  it's obviously good news!

@Nikki - both ears.  What I found after the second CI was activated was that the combined sound from both sides deteriorated because the new one wasn't yet trained.  It's still not optimized but it's getting better, so I was able to hear Eric on the phone today.  I didn't use any assistive device, just the speakerphone in my office.

• HearPeers Heroes

Today it was warm (for January in Minnesota, 40F) and I went to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum for a walk.  It was a bit windy, and when I was walking near oaks with dry, brown leaves still on the tree, I could hear them rustling in the wind.

I'm not sure I've ever heard that before.

Lots of birds singing today too!  It was a great walk.

IMG_2419.JPG

I just love listening to wind through trees 

Different leaves and their different sounds that they make

Especially at night😊

• Like 2

Wow’d every step of the way from my activation in October when I heard the first noise in my left ear (a ding when my audi first tested it) up to a couple days ago when my audi mapped my Rondo 2. 

• HearPeers Heroes

So I'm wearing my Rondo2 and could hear my brother clipping his nails in another room over 10 feet away! Rondo2 rocks! 

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

Last night we went to a party at a co-worker's house.  This was the first time in years that I really enjoyed being at a party, I was able to move from group to group and participate in conversations with everyone there.  It was great.

Cool @Mary Featherston

Sometimes i'll jump into other people conversations just because I can :D

Making up for all the years I kept quiet because of chronic loss of momentum in group talks 

• Like 3