favorite WOW moments

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Something new that I learned today:  When you put gas in the your car, it makes a gurgling noise going into the tank.

Oh, also, when you punch in your car-wash code, the car-wash kiosk thingy talks to you.  Who knew?

• HearPeers Heroes

Something new that I learned today:  When you put gas in the your car, it makes a gurgling noise going into the tank.

Oh, also, when you punch in your car-wash code, the car-wash kiosk thingy talks to you.  Who knew?

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

And who knew everyone of those buttons you push make sounds too!

How are things going for you @Mary Featherston?

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Really well, thanks, @Mary Beth !  I had a remapping today.  We added some volume in the midranges and it made quite a lot of difference, it's better already.  I also had an appointment with a rehab person (I can never remember her title but she's about speech recognition) and she did a fairly short, small-sample test of my word recognition and it was 70%.  Considering that I measured out at 19% in February I'm claiming that as a huge, huge thing!

• HearPeers Heroes

Really well, thanks, @Mary Beth !  I had a remapping today.  We added some volume in the midranges and it made quite a lot of difference, it's better already.  I also had an appointment with a rehab person (I can never remember her title but she's about speech recognition) and she did a fairly short, small-sample test of my word recognition and it was 70%.  Considering that I measured out at 19% in February I'm claiming that as a huge, huge thing!

• HearPeers Heroes

• Like 3

Cool @Mary Featherston!!, I just did fill my car 2 days ago but I didn't hear anything!! :P. I'm going to pay attention next time.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

Way to go @Mary Featherston. I know you've been working hard on the aural rehab. Have you tried the Roger Pen yet? 

@Mary Beth

Sorry I couldn't delete your name. When I tried to comment my previous comment with your tag showed up and I couldn't delete your tag. I wish @MED-EL Moderatorcould sort this out once and for all. I'm using Samsung Internet on my phone. 

• HearPeers Heroes

Way to go @Mary Featherston. I know you've been working hard on the aural rehab. Have you tried the Roger Pen yet? 

@Mary Beth

Sorry I couldn't delete your name. When I tried to comment my previous comment with your tag showed up and I couldn't delete your tag. I wish @MED-EL Moderatorcould sort this out once and for all. I'm using Samsung Internet on my phone. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
49 minutes ago, Daniel the Stranger said:

Cool @Mary Featherston!!, I just did fill my car 2 days ago but I didn't hear anything!! :P. I'm going to pay attention next time.

@Daniel the Stranger - I'm betting you hear it!

• HearPeers Heroes
49 minutes ago, Daniel the Stranger said:

@Daniel the Stranger - I'm betting you hear it!

43 minutes ago, Jewel said:

@Mary Beth

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel - I actually charged up my Roger pen the other day thinking that I'd give it a try in a conference call that I had to attend.  I learned that the amount of time that it will hold a charge for is not unlimited - when I tried to use it in my office it wouldn't power up.

I need to get a second charging cable.  It only comes with one, and I put that on a little station that we have for charging our phones and whatnot.  I want one on the docking bay for my computer at work too.

I did get it to connect to my phone, though, before I let the battery die so once i get my act together I'm sure it's going to work.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jewel - I actually charged up my Roger pen the other day thinking that I'd give it a try in a conference call that I had to attend.  I learned that the amount of time that it will hold a charge for is not unlimited - when I tried to use it in my office it wouldn't power up.

I need to get a second charging cable.  It only comes with one, and I put that on a little station that we have for charging our phones and whatnot.  I want one on the docking bay for my computer at work too.

I did get it to connect to my phone, though, before I let the battery die so once i get my act together I'm sure it's going to work.

• HearPeers Heroes

Does anyone else feel like they echo lately?

smile

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

That was a very good joke :P, it took like 5 seconds for me to get it lol.

• HearPeers Heroes
14 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

smile

All All All the the time time time

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
14 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

smile

All All All the the time time time

• HearPeers Heroes

Even your typed echo, echoed!  Too funny!

I just listened to the rain. I was watching TV when I started to hear something and then figured it out it was raining when looking through the window.

• Like 3