favorite WOW moments

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

On Wednesday when I got my mapping the audiologist added a program with the adaptive setting.  I used it yesterday when I was walking through the production area in the plant that I work in - it's very noisy when our production equipment is running and usually I have a hard time hearing. I was walking with another woman and Stephanie was talking to me and it was like the machines just disappeared into the background and Steph's voice was clear and understandable.  This is just awesome.

• HearPeers Heroes

On Wednesday when I got my mapping the audiologist added a program with the adaptive setting.  I used it yesterday when I was walking through the production area in the plant that I work in - it's very noisy when our production equipment is running and usually I have a hard time hearing. I was walking with another woman and Stephanie was talking to me and it was like the machines just disappeared into the background and Steph's voice was clear and understandable.  This is just awesome.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

The adaptive program in noise is impressive!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

This adaptive program, do you know if it is avaliable to Rondo and Concerto?

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
28 minutes ago, Valentin said:

Sorry, @Valentin - I don't.    @Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes
28 minutes ago, Valentin said:

Sorry, @Valentin - I don't.    @Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Adaptive mic setting is only an option in ASM 2 Since it requires two mics.  At the present moment, it is only an option for Sonnets.  It doesn’t matter which internal component you have.  It is a front end pre-processing feature that uses two mics.  Rondo 2 will not use it since it has one omni mic.

• HearPeers Heroes
12 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Valentin

Adaptive mic setting is only an option in ASM 2 Since it requires two mics.  At the present moment, it is only an option for Sonnets.  It doesn’t matter which internal component you have.  It is a front end pre-processing feature that uses two mics.  Rondo 2 will not use it since it has one omni mic.

Ah ha.  That tells me that when I get my Rondo2 I probably will not want to use it at work.

• HearPeers Heroes
12 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Valentin

Ah ha.  That tells me that when I get my Rondo2 I probably will not want to use it at work.

• HearPeers Heroes

The Opus 2, Rondo and Rondo 2 all share ASM 1.  They use one omni mic.  I find that the Opus 2 and Rondo do well in noise and just remain in my regular program.  Other people have their audiologists create a MAP for usein noise and store it in one of the 4 program slots.  When they are in noise, they use their Fine Tuner to switch to their noise program just like you use your Fine Tuner to switch to a program that uses adaptive.

@Mary Featherston, you may want to test the Rondo 2 out at work and see how things work for you.

There are quite a few of us that use different MAPs on Rondo/Opus 2 than on Sonnet so you may find that may be needed with Rondo 2 for you too.  Then again, you may not need it.  Smile.  Everyone is so unique in this journey.

But I feel sure you will LOVE the Rondo 2 in waterwear!  Just can’t beat an off the ear processor in waterwear in my opinion.  So comfortable.  Things sound great.  Easy to secure it.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

The Opus 2, Rondo and Rondo 2 all share ASM 1.  They use one omni mic.  I find that the Opus 2 and Rondo do well in noise and just remain in my regular program.  Other people have their audiologists create a MAP for use in noise and store it in one of the 4 program slots.  When they are in noise, they use their Fine Tuner to switch to their noise program just like you use your Fine Tuner to switch to a program that uses adaptive.

@Mary Featherston, you may want to test the Rondo 2 out at work and see how things work for you.

There are quite a few of us that use different MAPs on Rondo/Opus 2 than on Sonnet so you may find that may be needed with Rondo 2 for you too.  Then again, you may not need it.  Smile.  Everyone is so unique in this journey.

But I feel sure you will LOVE the Rondo 2 in waterwear!  Just can’t beat an off the ear processor in waterwear in my opinion.  So comfortable.  Things sound great.  Easy to secure it.

Just heard the fan forced oven's timer doing tic-toc tic-toc tic-toc, it was so funny lol. I could hear the fan of the oven before but never the sound of the timer.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you Mary Beth for explanation about adaptive feature.

...and about Waterwear. Really a great advantage in Rondo 2. Firstly, because You don't need to change disposable batteries to use it.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

You are welcome.

Have you used waterwear with your Rondo?

We are in a heat wave this week which means lots of time in the water.  I just love hearing while in the water.  So my Rondos will be busy this week for sure.  Smile.

• HearPeers Heroes

My new wow momment! I was able to hear fire works inside the house. At first it sounded like someone was banging a hammer somewhere in the house. Then I counted the timing of the noise it dawned on me “fireworks,” wow crazy who knew!! 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

Happy Canada ?? Day a bit late

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

I haven't had any new wows for a little while, my last mapping ended up getting kind of echoey and I've been working through that.  But today while I was on the treadmill I was watching an episode of the old Granada TV Sherlock Holmes series (the Jeremy Brett one) and it was the story called The Solitary Cyclist.  There were people riding bicycles on a gravel road and I could hear the sound the tires made on the gravel!  It's been a very long time indeed since I heard that.

• HearPeers Heroes

I haven't had any new wows for a little while, my last mapping ended up getting kind of echoey and I've been working through that.  But today while I was on the treadmill I was watching an episode of the old Granada TV Sherlock Holmes series (the Jeremy Brett one) and it was the story called The Solitary Cyclist.  There were people riding bicycles on a gravel road and I could hear the sound the tires made on the gravel!  It's been a very long time indeed since I heard that.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
On 2018-07-03 at 10:13 AM, Mary Beth said:

Happy Canada ?? Day a bit late

Thanks @Mary Beth  is was a nice long weekend. We have been melting up here too. Today it will only be 22 degrees wow that’s quite a change from 35!! 

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

Sorry can't delete your name which popped up as it was in a recent connect. Please note @MED-EL Moderator

@Kara of Canada

@Mary Beth

Your melting at those temperatures is funny! How would you fare in Jamaica? I guess it's the same way I felt when I visited Canada and it was 37 degrees Fahrenheit. Needless to say I had no winter clothes. It will be interesting to see how my CI fares in Jamaican weather. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm with @Kara of Canada , that's way hot.  But then I'm actually farther north than she is! 

You will probably find that you have to put your processor in the dry box every night.  Did you order a Rondo2?  I think @Mary Beth said that they're more water resistant than the others because the battery doesn't come out.  That might help.

My Sonnet has stopped working twice due to moisture - once it was just a very humid day and I was outside a lot, and the other I was exercising without putting the processor inside something.  My head gets kind of sweaty and I find that it helps the processor a lot to be in a scarf and not right next to my sweaty head.

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm with @Kara of Canada , that's way hot.  But then I'm actually farther north than she is! 

You will probably find that you have to put your processor in the dry box every night.  Did you order a Rondo2?  I think @Mary Beth said that they're more water resistant than the others because the battery doesn't come out.  That might help.

My Sonnet has stopped working twice due to moisture - once it was just a very humid day and I was outside a lot, and the other I was exercising without putting the processor inside something.  My head gets kind of sweaty and I find that it helps the processor a lot to be in a scarf and not right next to my sweaty head.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I chose two Sonnets. I hope to benefit from the PLUSRONDO promotion and get the Rondo2. 

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary Featherston

I bet you will find the Rondo 2 can take high humidity and sweat better.  The Rondo does great for me with sweat.  

In the meantime, you can use Jeff Campagna’s idea of ear gear mini covers over the Sonnet mics and see if that helps.  They come in several color choices.

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
43 minutes ago, Mary Beth said:

@Mary Featherston

I bet you will find the Rondo 2 can take high humidity and sweat better.  The Rondo does great for me with sweat.  

In the meantime, you can use Jeff Campagna’s idea of ear gear mini covers over the Sonnet mics and see if that helps.  They come in several color choices.

Mini?  Those look like they're shorter than the Sonnet.  But it sounds as though you're saying the end of the Sonnet is okay poking out?