favorite WOW moments

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes
On 1/7/2018 at 2:23 PM, Mary Beth said:

@Valentin

You are welcome.

Have you used waterwear with your Rondo?

We are in a heat wave this week which means lots of time in the water.  I just love hearing while in the water.  So my Rondos will be busy this week for sure.  Smile.

Mary Beth, sincerely I'm afraid to go to water with processor. This is rondo, and I don't know what happen if it fall off from head at sea or swimming pool. 

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Rondos in waterwear sink fast like rocks if they fall off!  So I am extra extra careful in and around water.

I place my Rondos in waterwear covers using silver oxide 357 batteries because they last 12 hours of use for me and the LR44 alkaline batteries only last 4-6 hours.  I purchase the silver oxide 357 batteries on line in bulk when I see good prices.  I pay about 84 cents/battery.

Then I place the Rondos in an Ear Gear Rondo cover with tether and clip.  It’s an excellent clip that attaches to a swim shirt or braided necklace.  

Unilateral Rondo Ear Gear cover with tether and clip:

https://www.gearforears.com/content/ear-gear-rondo-mono

Bilateral Rondo Ear Gear cover with tether and clip:

https://www.gearforears.com/content/ear-gear-rondo-corded

EarGear runs a promo where you can submit a pic of you using EarGear and a short statement and they will send you a free EarGear product.  So if you do that, you end up with 2 items for the price of one.  I believe people are only able to do this once.  Great product.  I’ve been using mine for 3 years.

Then I wear a Nammucap!

Very very comfortable and gives me added security.  

https://www.nammuhats.com/sun-protection-with-confidence/cochlear-implants-hats/

I have ridden waves for countless hours in the ocean and have never had a problem.

BUT and this is a huge but......I have backup processors.  If something were to happen, I have backup processors to use.  Nothing has ever gone wrong with my Rondos in waterwear but I am not sure if I would be willing to take a risk without backup processors.  So I completely understand those who do not want to take the risk.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Rondos in waterwear sink fast like rocks if they fall off!  So I am extra extra careful in and around water.

I place my Rondos in waterwear covers using silver oxide 357 batteries because they last 12 hours of use for me and the LR44 alkaline batteries only last 4-6 hours.  I purchase the silver oxide 357 batteries on line in bulk when I see good prices.  I pay about 84 cents/battery.

Then I place the Rondos in an Ear Gear Rondo cover with tether and clip.  It’s an excellent clip that attaches to a swim shirt or braided necklace.  

Unilateral Rondo Ear Gear cover with tether and clip:

https://www.gearforears.com/content/ear-gear-rondo-mono

Bilateral Rondo Ear Gear cover with tether and clip:

https://www.gearforears.com/content/ear-gear-rondo-corded

EarGear runs a promo where you can submit a pic of you using EarGear and a short statement and they will send you a free EarGear product.  So if you do that, you end up with 2 items for the price of one.  I believe people are only able to do this once.  Great product.  I’ve been using mine for 3 years.

Then I wear a Nammucap!

Very very comfortable and gives me added security.  

https://www.nammuhats.com/sun-protection-with-confidence/cochlear-implants-hats/

I have ridden waves for countless hours in the ocean and have never had a problem.

BUT and this is a huge but......I have backup processors.  If something were to happen, I have backup processors to use.  Nothing has ever gone wrong with my Rondos in waterwear but I am not sure if I would be willing to take a risk without backup processors.  So I completely understand those who do not want to take the risk.

• HearPeers Heroes

Here is a pic of the 357 silver oxide batteries I use. It’s convenient that they come in a pack of 3 since Rondos use 3 batteries.  I use them multiple times since they last 12 hours of use and do not seem to degrade when not in use.  A fellow CI user, Kitty, gave me a pack to try when we met up the first time.  I am so thankful because we had been calling my Rondos in waterwear “Cinderella Ears” since they beep and die immediately anywhere from 4-6 hours later. The silver oxide last 12 continuous hours!  They are a much better use of a waterwear seal in my opinion.  It can get expensive using waterwear.  That’s why people keep requesting a different water system that can be reused more times.  However, I LOVE how everything sounds so excellent in Rondos in waterwear.  I don’t want a quieter or muffled sound when spending a full day at the beach with my family.  

Rondo 2s will be even easier in waterwear because of their internal rechargeable battery.

7C811BF4-719E-4A98-B618-8BB3513E59E1.jpeg

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary BethThank you very much for this info. I thought that the battery for Processors was 675. I don't know about 357. In other way, that the number was mandatory. Interesting 12 hours of performance instead 4-6 hours. In ad, if these batteries work as others. It's very interesting to know.

I have no backup processor. If something happen mine, it will be a problem, but yes, I want to try it at the sea or swimming. 

Thank you very much for the info.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary BethThank you very much for this info. I thought that the battery for Processors was 675. I don't know about 357. In other way, that the number was mandatory. Interesting 12 hours of performance instead 4-6 hours. In ad, if these batteries work as others. It's very interesting to know.

I have no backup processor. If something happen mine, it will be a problem, but yes, I want to try it at the sea or swimming. 

Thank you very much for the info.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Rondo batteries are...

675 zinc air implant power batteries for regular use (mine last 3 days.  Some people get 5 days.)

BUT when we use waterwear covers the Rondo is airtight and the ZINC AIR batteries need air to work so they die right away and will not work in waterwear at all.  So we must use either.....

LR44 alkaline batteries (although these are cheap, they only last 4-6 hours for me so not worth wasting a one time use waterwear seal on them)

357 silver oxide batteries (These are easy to find since they are used in watches but can be expensive.  That’s why I search online and buy in bulk when on sale.  I pay 84 cents/battery.  They last 12 hours of use for me.)

• 2 months later...

WOW

Hearing *before* seeing: 

1. Rain starting to fall

2. Flock of migrating geese 

Heads up. My ear got it first

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes
36 minutes ago, Kara of Canada said:

@Nikki did you get pooped on?! 

I hope not, goose poop can be HUGE.

Nikki, I remember the first time I heard the rain too!  It took me a minute to know what it was.

• HearPeers Heroes

I remember the first time I realized that you can actually hear each goose’s distinctive voice as they fly overhead.  Crazy wild.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kara of Canada said:

@Nikki did you get pooped on?! 

Kara my friend they're your geese they spared me

• HearPeers Heroes
5 hours ago, Nikki said:

Kara my friend they're your geese they spared me

Lol glad they were behaving or I would have to have Penny chase them! 

• 4 weeks later...

Watching the Simpsons without  closed captions

(Anyone who ever tried to read cartoons lips can probably relate)

• Like 1

• HearPeers Heroes
19 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Watching the Simpsons without  closed captions

(Anyone who ever tried to read cartoons lips can probably relate)

Wait, Homer has lips?

It wasn't my single ear training but when I did listening on new ear by itself today i was amazed just how much better it sounds already (almost no "dings") and extremely pleased to discover how natural it already sounds

Hi @Mary Beth hello everyone! I'm catching up on posting and reading the forums. I enjoy them so much and live this community.  I have 2 wow moments since activation I would love to share. 1. My mom cane to visit a week ago. She was not only in another room completely out of sight but also behind d a closed door. I heard her clearly ask my aunt to tell me she wanted to go to the store. My aunt sat wide mouth as I said dis she just say to tell me she wants to go to the store. Lol.  WOW number 2. I was interviewed for a local podcasting on inspiring women. My session was about my cochlear journey and how it has changed my and my family dynamics of communicating.  

You definitely had a great example there @sassychele02!  Congratulations! Very neat!  Dynamics definitely changed.   Now your family need to watch for you ?

I can share with you,  sitting at the far end of waiting room at the audi this week, where the receptionist sitting facing the other way and helping a patient on the phone,  I overheard her clearly day "your last name? First name? Date of birth? We have November 18th, 2:30, ok, January 8th 10:30" and so on

To think,  less than a year ago I could be standing right in front of her and NOT get that, and now i can hear that fromthe next room  just blows my mind....

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes
8 hours ago, sassychele02 said:

Hi @Mary Beth hello everyone! I'm catching up on posting and reading the forums. I enjoy them so much and live this community.  I have 2 wow moments since activation I would love to share. 1. My mom cane to visit a week ago. She was not only in another room completely out of sight but also behind d a closed door. I heard her clearly ask my aunt to tell me she wanted to go to the store. My aunt sat wide mouth as I said dis she just say to tell me she wants to go to the store. Lol.  WOW number 2. I was interviewed for a local podcasting on inspiring women. My session was about my cochlear journey and how it has changed my and my family dynamics of communicating.  

WOW WOW WOW @sassychele02 that's totally cool.  I love that they found you and interviewed you for the podcast!