Mary Beth

favorite WOW moments

Exactly, @Nikki - even hallway conversations as you pass by someone become easy!

So this week they started to keep the doors to our department locked so you have to swipe in or press a button to get entry. 

I was the first one to reach work yesterday and while in my office I heard a sound I've never heard before since being implanted. After a while I decided to follow the sound. Turns out when people press the button, it sets off a doorbell sound. All these years I had no idea. 

I heard it with my Rondo 2! Been wearing it for the past week! 

All these happy Rondo 2 people are getting me excited!

On Friday I moved into a different office.  My old one was across from a space we use for training classes and crew meetings and since I've had my CIs it's like trying to work with a cocktail party going on in the next room.  So I've switched with a conference room and am farther away.

Imagine something being too loud!

I had a couple Wow moments over the past two days. 

I was sitting watching TV at the rear of my house and I heard a beeping sound similar to when a vehicle is reversing. Went to investigate and sure enough there was a truck reversing into my neighbour's driveway. That means I heard this from over 60 feet away! Amazing to me! 

Then I was at an ATM today and I was putting stuff into my purse and I could hear the sounds being made by the ATM next to mine! They are enclosed separately. 

It's funny, I didn't know that ATMs make sounds when you punch the keypad, etc, until after getting the CI! 

Way to go @Jewel!