favorite WOW moments

Mary Beth

• HearPeers Heroes

Recently we had two autumn storms. It was a wow moment for me that I can distinguish a rumbling sounds of leaves blowing by wind across concrete.

• HearPeers Heroes
16 hours ago, Mary Beth said:

I love your WOW moments @Ivana Marinac!  Recognizing the musical instrument voices when they are playing together is a favorite WOW moment of mine too.  I can’t get enough of it.  And then later on it blows my mind whe I realize I am listening with only a limited number off ekectrodes versus an acoustical hearing ear.  The power of the brain!  I love neuroplasticity.

Just - awesome! A word which comprises everything - your training actually gives me a direction what I could do more... It really inspires me... :wub:

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I was at the chiropractor the other day. He has a sound system playing music constantly. He was busy with other patients so I tuned out liteneong to the beats of the music playing; was awesome! I too, @Mary Beth can’t get enough of music. It’s the best sound in the world!!

• HearPeers Heroes

LOL @Mary Beth and @Megan L..  "cat purr" WOW moment. Girls, you have smile me.
My WOW moment with no doubt was the day of connection. It's true I didn't understand nothing, but I came to the world of sounds.

- The phone Ring
- Our dog breathing.
- The voices of my family.

It's true that, with a low sound but I believe all will be better with time

• Like 3

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L. you talk about use Telecoil with phone. Ho do you do it. I press T on finetunner, but I 'don't ear nothing.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin ? I agree - switch on/connection day was a big WOW moment. Very memorable. It’s a great moment in time! The official starting point for hearing better. @Mary Beth said she read a study that said our hearing and brain continues to improve for 5 years after implant. Isn’t that awesome?!

For telecoil- I switch to T on the finetuner (you will hear a beep that will signal you are now in T) and hold the phone up to the microphones on the processor (Rondo or Sonnet) and dial your number. I did the phone with confidence for a while to get used to positioning and practice listening. How’s the phone sounding for you?

• HearPeers Heroes

Today I was trying the telecoil with mobil phone and I just heared nothing. Only  I heard a stranger sound like RBRBRBR when I put it near the mic, and I can't  listen my wife's voice. I think so, may be I'm doing wrong something. Any Idea?

• HearPeers Heroes

Is the “rbrbrbrb” noise like interference @Valentin? I get interference with my cell phone sometimes and also depending on where I am. Can you try your phone in a different location?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Megan L. the interference come from mobile phone device, (I'm sure). This don't come ffrom other external device except Rondo is creating it. I only ear the phone in M / MT mode when I bring the phone to Rondo mic. But altough this interference exist, I think that I may ear some voice mixed with interference.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Rondos on T work best with the mic at the 12:00 position and place the phone at the 6:00 position.  The phone can touch the Rondos.  That is the strongest telecoil position for the Rondos.

You may prefer using a BlueTooth neckloop like the Artone 3 MAX and set your Rondo to MT or T.

I use my cell phone with my Rondos on M.  I just position the phone speaker near the Rondo mic.  That works for me.

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you @Mary Beth, but nothing happens. Same strange sound (interferences) when I put close the phone to rondo, inclusive touching both. I know that if you use M or MT we hear the voice. I don't understand it yet, so I wanted to activate T-Mode to test the difference. I will comment in mapping sesion next week to my audi.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin  some cell phones have hearing aid setting options that can be turned on.  What kind of cell phone are you using?  I have an iPhone 5S.  I don’t like using telecoil with it because of interference even though it rates high for HA use,  it works fine with the Artone and also fine by staying on M.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin I’m sorry to hear that the T setting still isn’t working. Is it possible that your Audi didn’t turn that setting on?

I have interference on my cell phone (IPhone 6s) even though the HA setting is on and has a high HA rating. The WiFi also causes a low hum when I use my cell phone at work. When I was using the Rondo, I found it best to use the Quattro or put it on speaker. I realize that is not always practical.

Good luck at your mapping next week! Let us know how you do and if your Audi knows why the T setting isn’t working.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi @Mary Beth and @Megan L.

My phone is something old (arround two-three years), but my wife have  Samsung S4, and happen the same. DefiniItely I will coment to my audi next week. I know if i switch to M mode I hear it, but I wanted to try T mode and experiment what happen trying to improve the voice sound.

Howeber, I know the best way is use M mode, and  practise, practise... and practise :rolleyes:

• HearPeers Heroes

@Valentin

Have you been able to use your Rondos on T with neckloops?  That is one way to test how the telecoil function is working in your Rondos.  Unlike using T for phones, when we use T with neckloops there is no special position anything needs to be in.  Just wear the neckloop and set your Rondos to T.  I use the Artone 3 MAX BlueTooth neckloop everyday.  It is paired to my iPad but I can pair it to my phone too if I want to use it that way.

• HearPeers Heroes
On 10/19/2017 at 2:10 AM, Kara of Canada said:

@Mary Beth I have been using lyrics a-z. I screen shot them and use them over and over. 

I do that at the moment and I am still not using neither hearing aids not CI. I plug ear phones and listen to songs while reading lyrics from lyrics a -z .I still have some hearing to enable me do that. I am on my way to plan for CI surgery and hopefully I can make it in 2018.

• HearPeers Heroes

I haven't tried the neckloop yet. It would be a good Christmas auto-gift :-)

my WOW... on first day was able to listen and understand music, tv, telephone and conversation without a robotic voice. Granted they were noise that i have known. Unknown noise was robotic until I was able to tune into the noise.

@Mary Beth Sorry!  I forget to check for posts here. Plus I still am not real familiar with how to get around on this forum.

WOW moments-probably Hearing well in a large group and even understanding more of what is said without lip reading.  I joined a new church and have participated in different activities where being able to hear better has been a real blessing. 

• HearPeers Heroes

WOW! @Mary Beth you were right about sound hound!! I love it! It makes it so much easier than looking every lyric. Thanks we will have to put it in the rehab section! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

I have to add to my last post. Sound hound even works with the raidio in my car. While I have the sound hound app open on my phone. So amazing!