Need information

Jewel

• HearPeers Heroes

Yay!  You have a surgery date!  Super!

• HearPeers Heroes
On 11/12/2017 at 0:13 PM, hadron said:

@Jdashiell very interesting. Did Dr. Eshragi say what he could you seen on the MRI ? Possibly an obstruction?

No mri because the implant is in place. Ct scan shows that implant electrode array flipped back on itself but no determination of what the obstruction is. I spoke with Dr. E this week and he said the obstruction could be bony or fibrous. 

Medel has created a tool (implant with stiffening wires) to push past the obstruction. That will be removed and new implant installed. 

MedEl has provided 2 implants to try if neither work he has another array to implant. Likely AB but I’m rooting for MedEl!!

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Do you know if your new CI surgeon will take an X-ray during surgery to see the electrode position after inserting it?  Both of my CI surgeons do that and they showed me the X-ray at my follow up appt.  It was so cool to see!  I have pictures of both.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

That is absolutely awesome! Wonder if they could do the same for my surgery. Who would be taking the pics and vids? The hospital staff? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Oops sorry about that. @MED-EL Moderatorwhen I try to send a new post it is showing a previous post and will not allow me to delete! We need a delete button and an undo button! 

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi everyone, 

Just got my first vaccine. If it weren't for this forum I would have taken the wrong vaccine first since that's what my surgical package stated. I appreciate everyone's help. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@JdashiellI got the Prevnar 13. The hospital had told me to get the Pneumovax 23 first and then the Prevnar 8 weeks later but CDC and everyone here said it's the other way around. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@MED-EL Moderator

@Jewel

all we can can do is tell the Med-El moderators about the problems we are having on their forum.  I recently reported that duplicate posts were happening again.

maybe you can explain what is happening with the quotes, Jewel?  I never use that feature.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Mary BethI wasn't doing a quote this time, but when I tried to send a new comment it kept showing my previous post which had  a quote and I couldn't get rid of it. That original post had you and Joe's names and I couldn't remove them when I was trying to do a new comment. 

• HearPeers Heroes

I see.  Try signing out of HearPeers and then sign back in again.

• Like 2

• HearPeers Heroes

I did Prevnar last year I think and  pneumovax this time according to my primary care physician 

• HearPeers Heroes

I have seen this issue too 

• HearPeers Heroes

Well you're fine then @Jdashiellsince you took the Pneumovax 1 year after the Prevnar. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@JewelYou should be able to get two doses before August right?

• HearPeers Heroes

@Jdashiell

Yes. I will get the Pneumovax in June and then do the other tests before my preop appointment in August.