Is there anyone who still has same residual hearing before CIIs there anyone who still has same residual hearing before CI

stream2525

• HearPeers Heroes
On 12/11/2017 at 6:26 AM, Jewel said:

@stream2525

Although I like that external Cochlear components are smaller than Med-El's, I prefer Med-El's internal processor so I am most likely going to get a Sonnet and a Rondo2 if it gets released in the US soon. I wouldn't want to just have one. I want to have a backup especially since there is no CI center locally. When are you planning to go to India? 

If things go well, I may travel in March 2018. 

• HearPeers Heroes
On 12/7/2017 at 5:26 PM, Hicksy said:

Stream2525, if you look at the chart, the Flex 20 through to the Flexsoft are all presented as viable for an EAS attempt. Which one is the “best” is a meaningless question in my opinion because it comes down to to your particular cochlea and what the surgeon feels comfortable attempting.

Do shorter electrodes have same number of channels as longer electrodes ? 

• HearPeers Heroes
On 08/12/2017 at 7:30 PM, Megan L. said:

@Cara Mia

I was told the same thing by my surgeon! And I too expect them to last longer than 20 years. So I was definitely concerned when I saw that 20 years reimplanted in the article. We’re definitely going to prove the article wrong ?

@Mary Beth nice pic! 

Hi Girls,

Legal notice of the manufacturers stated that the internal units will function for 20 or 25 years. It is something that they need to do, so any surgeon who promised you a lifetime implantation wasn’t quite truthful with you. Or at least, was not aware of that. Reimplantation do happen and it is not so rare event, but good news that you have sort of guarantee where you’re protected against any further costs, or the manufacturer (most likely) will replace your electrode if it is an internal cause of failure – for free.

Right now, I have a patient (a girl) who is a college student and will have her 2nd REimplantation, or in total – her 3rd implantation. Sometimes – life sucks and these things do happen… L

• HearPeers Heroes

In the US, I think our warranty on the internal components is only for 10 years but hopefully we will get a much longer lifetime out of the internal components.

14 hours ago, stream2525 said:

Do shorter electrodes have same number of channels as longer electrodes ? 

This sounds like a medical question requiring a medical answer and I suggest you talk with a medical person who is in this field for answers,this is just my thoughts 

• 2 weeks later...