surgery tomorrow

Adam

• HearPeers Heroes

IVANA, good luck with your surgery tomorrow. We will be thinking of you. be sure to let us know how things went as soon as you are able to. Can't wait to hear about it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ivana Marinac

• Adam

• Sandy

• jpl2ci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Adam - you remembered...Wink

Unfortunately, my surgery was postponed for July 1Oth - administrative reasons...:(

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivan's, I'm so sorry your surgery has been postponed. We will keep our fingers crossed for no more delays.

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivan's, I'm so sorry your surgery has been postponed. We will keep our fingers crossed for no more delays.

Hope so too...

My country is entering European Union and - till the end of June doesnt have papers for distribution'registration.

The day after - there should not be more problem.

Apprehended - saved. Wink

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana, I know you must be dissapointed. it does not look like a long delay though. Of course that is easy to say when i have my implants. I and we are believing that this will be the LAST delay on  your way to hearing. Can't wait for you.

Sorry for the delay...but it's always good for things to be done right, too.

• HearPeers Heroes

Russ, how are you doing???? have some of your post op issues settled down any?

• HearPeers Heroes

My country is entering European Union

I'd be reconsidering that movement if I was the government - just saying.

• HearPeers Heroes

Tnx guyz for nice wishes...Kiss

After busy day in the clinic - totally surprised...Laughing

Well, at first I was kinda dissapointed a little bit because we were discussing about implantation since last September when I got positive news, but - if I have waited until now what is few more days and life in front of me. Cool

• HearPeers Heroes

My country is entering European Union

I'd be reconsidering that movement if I was the government - just saying.

Yeah, Matt - a lot of people couldnt agree more with you (me too) but there was choice - without choice....Money mouth with love by central gov of Europe...

But...dont take me too seriously...during last 23 years and all my childhood my homeland has gone through a lot of unexpected events...we are not optimist like some 18-year old kids like we were at the beginning...People grew up - nations too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

So, counting down, everyone is already excited...

Situation during coffee time, sitting with my surgeon (and mentor) and an older colleague (also oto-surgeon).

The latter is asking me: So, nervous...? Wink

- Actually, not at all....Well, have lied...at least a little bit. Not because of the op than because of new excite moments in front of me. Hope and luck are really best drugs we can wish to ourselves.

The rest is history...we started to joke about daily stuff...

Pleasant time spent in not so usual conditions - thought in silence.

• HearPeers Heroes

What is interesting - I am not immune also although I have seen so many ear surgeries.

Changing perspective is priceless although this is not my first time...Cool

• 2 weeks later...
  • HearPeers Heroes

Hello to everybody,

my surgery was yesterday but there were numerous complications so I am writing this post with more than 30 hours late.

Spent a day in ICU because I had difficulties with intubation: anesthesiologists could not put me a tube, but one of ENT professor from my ward succeeded an hour after initial shot.

Even surgery was not easy and did not passed smooth but my surgeon did it with - few major modifications of major surgery as it was planned.

Today, I had few moments of instability - and this is it.

Tomorrow I am scheduled for going home and 2 weeks of recovery.

P.S.: Oh, yes - the device was examined interoperatively and I was told that results are fantastic. We`ll see - activation: for a month approximately because of vacations.

Stay tuned! Wink

• HearPeers Heroes

WOW Ivana, I'm sorry you had such a rough go of things. hopefully the recovery goes much smoother. Now you get to look forward to activation!!

Rest up and talk to you in a few days

• HearPeers Heroes

Well Adam - I did not expect it either in spite the fact this can be expected because of my elementary status - I have somewhat hypoplastic jaw and if you have not seen these too much...

But ok - let`s recovery together Adam, within next days...Cool

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Ivana, it sounds like you had a rough time but now all the positives will start to happen! Rest and relax for the next two weeks. Today I fell asleep outside and woke up to a bird singing to me. You have much to look forward to!

• HearPeers Heroes

You have a deal Ivana. I go tomorrow to get all my staples out. So looking forward to that.

Ivana what does your family think of all that is getting ready to happen for you? They must be excited.

Ivana,

I hope the worst is behind you and that this next month flies by.

Lisa

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Sandy & Lisa,

thank you very much for your kind thoughts, everybody around me is so exciting - my surgeon is mostly guilty as charged for that but I do not blame him - he is also excited because my case is real indication for BB.

So, step by step - I am getting excited also Cool

I was really touched when whole team of my colleagues who were on call on the day of my surgery came into ICU to see me. Unforgettable moment of my life.

• HearPeers Heroes

You have a deal Ivana. I go tomorrow to get all my staples out. So looking forward to that.

Ivana what does your family think of all that is getting ready to happen for you? They must be excited.

Adam, hope it will not hurt you - secure and thoughtful hand I wish...Wink

My stitches is going out on wednesday, cut is approximately 3,5 centimetre/1,4 inch long.

Well, my boyfriend is excited mostly because "now I will hear Handel music even better" Cool He calls it - your third ear.

Unfortunately, my parents are deceased but I know they are with me in my heart and my soul on their way toward stars.

Like Jor-El told (been child of '80-ties):

"You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you...even in the face of our deaths...

You will carry me inside you all the days of your life.".

I wish this for each and everyone one of us.Wink

• HearPeers Heroes

Thought I will not write here much more but tonight I have special news to share with you my friends.

As first patient with BB implant in Croatia I ended in central TV news Embarassed. But ok - for good cause: Embarassed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t43a9LXpYFIsomething for my US friends Cool

I liked this song before, but only few days ago have read officially biography of Buck Owens - did not know he was such a big star. Surprised

And today I have got major news SurprisedCoolTongue out - stimulated by the aforementioned news and by good old lobbying (which lasted over a year however and when we totally lost our hope...) the Croatian State Health-care institute (Medicare) decided to put the middle ear implants in regular schedule of implantations which will start since next year.

Proud to have opportunity to move things in the right direction. Hopefully, other countries will follow us. Wink

Never give up of hope - that sincere, immortal and, before everything else - primordial sense of self-sustainability.

Wow - my incision is a lot longer than yours, almost 10 cm.

I think it's so cool you were on TV.

• HearPeers Heroes

AWESOME NEWS IVANA!!!!! Congratulations on being a part of it as well. You will have inderectly had a part in thousands more people given the gift of hearing