Shortest D Coil Too Long for Sonnet 3

Joel

Not sure if anyone has a recommendation for this. On my sonnet 3, the coil that leads from the processor to the part that is magnetized to your head at 6.5 cm is too long — when I use it there’s extra slack in the coil, that hangs down which adds to the clunkiness of wearing the earpiece. Anyone else experiencing this?

thank you

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

Are you able to position your DL- coil so that the cable is aimed at the back?  If so, it may shift the cable a bit and be more comfortable.

I think it’d help if you posted a picture of your Sonnet 2 and what the wire looks like.  Theres going to be some slack between the coil and processor unless the surgeon places it further back on the head (with one having it placed on their temples).

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

This is how I orientate the coil.  It all depends on the location of our internal magnet relative to our ear though.

IMG_6969.jpeg

@Mary Beth is that the sonnet with the compact batteries? What kind of battery life do you get out of them? I really enjoyed the small size of the opus 2 when using the compact disposable battery adaptor and still got like two days of battery life from it. 

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

Our positions are pretty similar.  I wear the DL-coil with the cable coming out at the 7:00 position.  Your picture looks like your orientation is having the cable come out at the 6:00 position.  Possibly rotating it to the 7:00 position will bring you better comfort.

• HearPeers Heroes

@Joel

Yes most days I keep an Artone on under my shirt all day.  When it is not streaming, it does not drain the battery much.  

I do not keep my processors in MT all day though.  I only move into MT or T when I wish to stream audio.