I'm now an implantee!

Leblisa

Hello everyone!

I'm home from the hospital and feeling good, just a little lightheaded and tired.

They had to keep me overnight due to difficulty controlling post-operative nausea, but seems fine now.

The surgeon told my husband the procedure went 'perfectly' - yay!

I had asked him to try to place the internal magnet a bit posteriorly because I'd read here that some folks weren't using the Rondo because it pressed against their ear, and I think he was able to do that for me.

I've got my 'Princess Lehia' ear cup on and so far, today anyway, Tylenol every 4 hours is controlling the pain (yesterday I was getting stronger stuff via the IV).

I think I get to take the cup off tomorrow (need to review the take-home instructions) but don't see the doc until 7/3/13.

So, just wanted to let you all know that my surgery seems to have gone very well and now, a mere 24 hours later, I'm feeling pretty good - all things considered.  Thank you for your good wishes; I'm sure they helped!

Lisa

Congratulation Lisa,

Make sure you get lots of rest, and take easy for a least a week. Keep it dry for at least 74 hrs.

Just had mine revision implant in same ear 48 hours ago, not so bad this time since the first time 13 years ago.

Brian

• HearPeers Heroes

Lisa, That is AWESOME news!!! congratulations,

Rest up, it will be just a short time before your activation.

• HearPeers Heroes

Good going Lisa. Get plenty of rest. The hard work is yet to come but oh so worth it! I heard thunder yesterday!

Lisa,

Glad you are doing well. One can get kind of loopy after surgery, I did between the effect of the anesthesia and a shot of morphine. I was feeling really good and ready to go home, but I had to first eat, drink, go to the bathroom and walk a straight before they would discharge me.

Good thinking when you asked your surgeon on the placement of your implant with consideration for the Rondo adaptability. Wished I was more assertive with my surgeon on the placement of my second implant. I now have one on the side of head minimally above the ear and the other one placed more up and posterior on the head. I've tried the Rondo, but I had to returned them for the OPUS because it was touching the top of my ear annoyingly. Otherwise, I  like the Rondo and it is a great processor. I hope you are taking the advantage of MED-EL promotion of 2 Opii and one Rondo.

Rest up and enjoy the serenity, because once you're switched on it will be one noisy world!

Sid

P.S.

When is activation date?

• HearPeers Heroes

Yes it is definitely a noisy world, but we can hear now. And chuckle, chuckle - we can turn it off too. Some people are lucky and then there's the rest of the world!

• HearPeers Heroes

Great news Lisa!

Good to see you updated your signature already.

Way to go Sandy! I do agree.  The switch off option is a huge bonus especially at high school socials.  Hearing people have headaches, we switch off and lipread :)

Lisa, you're alive and soon to be live. That is so great for you. The cone of honor ranks right up there with the Order of the Penguin with Anchovies!

(of course that was supposed to be: LOL! - still a bit fuzzheaded Tongue out )

• HearPeers Heroes

No lisa you had it right. for god sakes who eats anchovies.

• HearPeers Heroes

I knew you weren't man enough to eat anchovies.

• HearPeers Heroes

And the fuzzheadedness is normal now you're implanted - well it seems most of the regulars here are anyway.

Innocent

Yep, those are two good lingering side effects --  fuzzheadedness and craving for anchovies!

• HearPeers Heroes

ok matt you grew up with vegemite. heck anything tastes good after eating that.

I cannot claim to not be fuzzyheaded pre implant. now i just have an excuse

• HearPeers Heroes

Man enough to eat anchovies? after 31 surgeries I don't feel the need to prove it to anybody.. of course if those anchovies come in a good ceasar salad, pretty sure I can handle it.

• HearPeers Heroes

Mmmmm........Caesar salad.....mmmmm.

And Vegemite rocks, everyone knows that.

• HearPeers Heroes

Matt and Adam, wasn't one of the side effects that could happen after the CI surgery a change in taste? Vegemite rocks? Anchovies? I don't think so! Yuck!

• HearPeers Heroes

I'm happy to post samples of Vegemite to show you the true path to breakfast greatness.

I agree with Matt. Breakfast just ain't the same without some vegemite! You Northerners are sure deprived.  I feel for you having to eat those anchovies.

You guys are all nuts.  I'd love to have you all over for breakfast; we need a group meet in New Hampshire.

Sounds great.  I would love to fly in now and I might make it in time for brekkie.  I'll bring the black stuff in a jar.

How are you doing?  Walking okay?  I was unsteady for a bit.  Came right and then one day out of the blue, sideways was up.  Came right after a sleep. (I rolled a small towel and lay it between the two implants so I was resting on the skull not the implants.  Travel pillow was helpful too. And codeine). You still have brain fuzz?

• HearPeers Heroes

Sandy some people have had a slight change of taste which does not last long. Not sure anything could make vegemite taste good the first time out.

• HearPeers Heroes

I think I will stick to the rich and tasty goodness that is bacon and eggs.

Lisa I hope you are feeling better today how are things going?