Post-op setback but doing better now

Leblisa

Hi, thought I'd send a little update.  I had my surgery this past Wednesday and was doing well but on Saturday night I developed this amazing, horrible vertigo with all kinds of nausea & vomiting from it.  I couldn't move my head a millimeter without setting it off.  On Sunday my husband took me to the hospital where I spent the day getting IV fluids and meds and was well enough to go home by Sunday evening.  Today I still have mild vertigo, but it's not bad enough to cause the N & V, thank god.

Today I can walk around the house holding onto walls, etc but don't trust myself on stairs yet.

Thank god it's better!  That was the worst hell.  My heart goes out to those with Meniere's who suffer this kind of vertigo more often.

• HearPeers Heroes

Lisa, sorry to hear you had a setback but glad to know you got prompt treatment. Take it easy.

• HearPeers Heroes

I was told to purchase Meclizine over the counter in case I had dizziness or nausea after surgery. I did use it to control some dizziness and it worked fine.

• HearPeers Heroes

Lisa, if the nausea comes back another remedy is ginger tea.

I wore antinausea patch for a week.  It worked but one side effect was blurry vision. I didn't have a choice as I was pretty unpredictable with the nausea and the plane would not take me otherwise.  I wore the first patch for three days.  Took it off and nausea and vertigo came back so I had to wear another patch.  After that one I was fine - just the blurry vision for a week or two which was concerning till we figured out the source.

Meclizine is the med they have given me to take and it does help.  No nausea, but still have some vertigo.  I can live with it, but hope it goes away soon.

Lisa, my heart goes out to you. Thank god for supportive partners, no?  any comments from the medical staff as to what may have happened to you?  I hope you recover very quickly.

We can delay your award ceremony to also award you the order of the Purple Ear with Paper Birch garlands, given to those who suffer debilitating issues before activation.  the garlands change by state: Adam, the Cabbage Palmetto, Rusty, the Redwood, me, the Pecan.  If Ivana should experience difficulties we should award her:

Quercus robur.jpg The Slavonian oak is the national tree of Croatia.

htoughts and comments?

• HearPeers Heroes

Glad you'er feeling better Lisa.

You need to try the Aussie cure for nausea - Vegemite on toast, no butter. Every child would have had it growing up and thinking of it now it sort of makes sense - get some salt and carbs into your system.

• HearPeers Heroes

Lisa, my heart goes out to you. Thank god for supportive partners, no?  any comments from the medical staff as to what may have happened to you?  I hope you recover very quickly.

We can delay your award ceremony to also award you the order of the Purple Ear with Paper Birch garlands, given to those who suffer debilitating issues before activation.  the garlands change by state: Adam, the Cabbage Palmetto, Rusty, the Redwood, me, the Pecan.  If Ivana should experience difficulties we should award her:

Quercus robur.jpg The Slavonian oak is the national tree of Croatia.

htoughts and comments?

Ha-ha... Nice investigation John Laughing

Actually Slavonian oak is more characteristic for plain part of country but for Croatia more significant is Fir or Spruce:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abies_alba

Beautiful part of country with lot of fir which were used for the construction of the foundation of Venice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velebit

To Lisa - hold on, it will pass.

• HearPeers Heroes

I want to go to Croatia some day.

Well, youre welcome! Laughing

Guide at your service ...

Few days ago, some American news mentioned Plitvice lakes as one of most beautiful in Europe. Lots of fir wood around them.

At least interesting.... But not so big like in US or Canada.

Few photos on Croatian version of website:

http://www.np-plitvicka-jezera.hr/

(on English - too many texts)...

And, I would like to see Canada some day - I have heard a lot beautiful things. Have friends cross the country...

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivan's, you would be very welcome,

• HearPeers Heroes

Should have read Ivana. Auto correct on iPad is a pain!

• HearPeers Heroes

Should have read Ivana. Auto correct on iPad is a pain!

Oh, dont bother yourself with insignificant details Wink

I dont write, for instance, apostrophes because its pain in the ass to get it on Mac keyboard...Frown