Happy Canada Day!

Sandy

• HearPeers Heroes

To all those Canadians, have a safe and Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day!!!

I love Canada!  We vacationed in Vancouver, BC last summer and I've been to Montreal several times: lovely country and lovely people!!!

• HearPeers Heroes

Well - congrats people of Canada. Nice to see the feeling proud to be part of nation and having a feeling for homeland.

Cheers!

Sandy, et al from Canada, all together now,

O Canada! Our home and native land
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise
The true north, strong and free
From far and wide, O Canada
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free
O Canada! We stand on guard for thee
O Canada! We stand on guard for thee.

anflagcan.gifanflagcan.gif

O Canada! Terre de nos aieux
Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée
Il sait porter la croix!
Ton histoire est une épopée
Des plus brilliants exploix.
Et ta valeur, de foi trempée
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits
Protégera nos foyers et nos droits.

great country, great people!

• HearPeers Heroes

Thank you John and as Karen said awesome. I have travelled to different countries around the world, but Canada is home, even at minus 40 degrees in winter!

• HearPeers Heroes

Nicely said Sandy - home is where your heart & soul rests and that place is called - homeland.

Thank guys, now we will look forward to July 4th for USA.  Anyway Sandy, nice place for snowmobiling, Had no luck for a few winter where I am with very little snow for snowmobiling. One of my deaf buddy move up to your Town a few years ago working at CHS. He must like it cold up there.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yep, we sure have the snow! This year from late October right up to the first week in May. But our summers make up for it! I don't think I would want to live anywhere else.

• HearPeers Heroes

Brian, did you get your implant done n London? I have to go back at the end of the month for my 3rd mapping.

Yes Sandy, I got implanted twice in London. I just got back from LHSC to get my staples removed and everything look good. Will be activated again in a few weeks, don't have a date yet, for the processor and programing update. They have been doing mostly Med el implant lately.

Do you take the plane to London, that like a 20 hours drive. WOW. They probably will have a cochlear implant picnic again this year at the end of July, mayby your appointment not too far off.  I will find out soon if it this year again.

Winter has been nice to us here but was a very cold wet spring.

• HearPeers Heroes

Hi Brian, yes I fly. It's too long of a drive and we get the Northern Travel Grant. My appointment is on the 30th. Hope the audiologist can get rid of some of the high pitches this time. The sounds are getting better. Yesterday the sound of motorcycles was normal. Because of the distance my appointments are spread over a longer period of time. I chose the Rondo when asked by the audiologist because it was one unit. It's great because you don't feel it. Good conversation piece. People are so interested in the CI. I'm amazed. Picnic sounds like fun. Who sponsors it? The hospital? Why were you implanted twice? Were you able to get both ears done?

• HearPeers Heroes

Yesterday the sound of motorcycles was normal.

The ultimate "WOW" moment.

Happy Canada day you lot. You now have to send me greeting on Australia day.

• HearPeers Heroes

Will mark January 26 on my calendar!

Yes Sandy, I had an implant failure, got the new one last week in the same ear. The old AB CI was implanted in Feb,2000 and gave me a superstar activation and I had no trouble with it until it just decided to quit working 5 weeks ago. I had a high pitch problem sorta like a mickey mouse for the first week upon activation but quickly came to normal after awhile. Before with HA, I'd lost my high pitch, but low was good. I decided to continue with AB because I was use to their mapping and had no trouble at all. London was doing Med El only at this time and had to make special arrangement to get me implanted with AB. As I had good success with the company and was compatible with my career as a heavy machinery operator and diesel mechanic. The body worn processor was indestructible. The new AB implant has an impact rating of 6 joules compare to the Med EL that has 2.5 joules which made my decision on going with AB again. Oh yes, my other ear is stone deaf, so I don't want to know about going bilateral at this time.

When you go for your mapping, make sure you go outside and walk around for a bit or get close to a crowded hallway and see if your mapping is okay before you leave your appointment. Also last year the implant Picnic was on July 30, sponsored by Med El, unfortunately I was gone to deaf camping near St. Catharine, as both activity always happen on the same weekend. So I will find out if there is one this year again and let you know and I would be interested in going to the CI picnic this year.

• HearPeers Heroes

Yesterday the sound of motorcycles was normal.

The ultimate "WOW" moment.

Happy Canada day you lot. You now have to send me greeting on Australia day.

I will froze a little snowman then and send you so you can enjoy in the middle of summer...Wink

Oh I forgot, I did see the Rondo yesterday at my audiologist. They have 4 in a display box all with different colours. I ask to have a look and took one out and it sure is cute. Look like a mouse, just missing a tail. Anybody that have a cat better be careful where you put it. YIKES....

Brian, I'df you use the RONDO with the mini battery pack, it is a field rat with a really long tail whose eyes blink up to 4 times before dimming out! The only sound they make is a beeping on various and sundry in the most inopportune moments.

• HearPeers Heroes

You got that right but wouldn't give it up for the world.