Exercising options, bije, running, etc.

jpl2ci

Ivana,  here's an answer to your bicycle equipment and helmet questions.  My Bell Aero helmet is not round, roadies consider those as hipster helmets. this is pic 1. The internal suspension/support starts oval but as it tightens, it becomes round and will fit almost any head, pic 2. you turn the red adjustment wheel in back to loosen or tighten.  as you can see the suspension has a bit of air space so it is possible, that depending on your implant placement location to wear a standard helmet. Pic 3, my bike is a 2013 Trek Madone  2.1, 61 cm., aluminum frame, carbon fighter front fork, Shimano 105 gears and brakes with a compact front chain ring, 2 rings as opposed to 3. I've upgraded the seat post to a Specialized Pave carbon fiber with zerts, for shock absorbency over rougher pavement. they are the clear area on the seat post right under the saddle.  the saddle is a Specialized Toupe and wear Speedplay pedals, aka lollipops, because of their shape, pic 4.  I splurged and bought some Specialized  carbon fiber soled road shoes, pic 5.

It is now time for you to post more pics of your bike.  iPhone pics are great!  thanks

post-277-14302598842942_thumb.jpg

post-277-14302598844571_thumb.jpg

post-277-1430259884678_thumb.jpg

post-277-14302598848987_thumb.jpg

post-277-14302598850664_thumb.jpg

post-277-14302598852964_thumb.jpg

• HearPeers Heroes

I can not add more...Tongue out

So John - if I have understood you correctly, it is possible (by using suspensions of the helmet) to "change" the shape of it?

Interesting...

But I got ideas for nice updates of my Kona Wink starting with - the seatpost. Never have thought that this update can be valuable.

Got to take photo of my pony Cool

Ivana,  the helmet weights ~310 grams.  the inside of  helmet is one large opening and the suspension fitment for your head size is adjustable from 54-62cm. You can also add additional strategic padding, which comes with the helmet!  you are "changing the shape" as the helmet fits you, not you fit the helmet.  different manufacturers have slightly different approaches but they are all adjustable here's a site where you can browse to your hearts content.  I have bought jerseys from them. http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/TopCategory_10053_10052_202331_-1_202331_Y.  you can look on amazon, ebay, etc.  go, Ivana, go!

A carbon fiber seat post is definitely one of the best investments! I bought it form a friend for $40, new $200. check to see what the seat post opening on your Kona is. my Trek is 27cm. Seat posts diameters vary greatly, maybe you could drop them an email?

• HearPeers Heroes

Ivana,  the helmet weights ~310 grams.  the inside of  helmet is one large opening and the suspension fitment for your head size is adjustable from 54-62cm. You can also add additional strategic padding, which comes with the helmet!  you are "changing the shape" as the helmet fits you, not you fit the helmet.  different manufacturers have slightly different approaches but they are all adjustable here's a site where you can browse to your hearts content.  I have bought jerseys from them. http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/TopCategory_10053_10052_202331_-1_202331_Y.  you can look on amazon, ebay, etc.  go, Ivana, go!

A carbon fiber seat post is definitely one of the best investments! I bought it form a friend for $40, new $200. check to see what the seat post opening on your Kona is. my Trek is 27cm. Seat posts diameters vary greatly, maybe you could drop them an email?

This is new world to me - well, regarding this nasty headband which I have to use another 25 days I couldn't even think to use helmet before. I went befor 7 days in my LBS and each helmet I tried was too tight :(

I am not worry about helmet weight - I can see the consequences of NOT having helmet during each of my "on call" shift...-No, I did not think about it...

I did - think about it, but nothing could be put on my head. Since now. ;)

But I am definitely exploring the world of carbon seatposts since yesterday.

surprised to not see streamers on it...

BTW - just finished 2 days of riding with the COPS ride I told you about in Portland.  172 miles in 100 degree humidity!

surprised to not see streamers on it...

BTW - just finished 2 days of riding with the COPS ride I told you about in Portland.  172 miles in 100 degree humidity!

Chuckie, are you making disparaging remarks about my Trek, or previewing my present? Not all of is ride Specialized bikes!  100% humidity, yikesSurprised

what was your riding time for the 172 miles?

would you please post your Garmin Connect link so we can bask in your accomplishment? Also, were all of the drink and foods FDA approved?

Ivana,

cycling shorts, carbon fiber and a good seat make for a happier bicyclist and a better ride.

the 310 gram weight for a helmet is a good benchmark. another issue for you to research.

good luck!

• HearPeers Heroes

Depends where do you live... Ok, roads are very good in Croatia (still) but not like I have seen, for instance in Switzerland or Austria.

That is why I have chosen chromoly frame with carbon fork but I did not know that, for instance, carbon seatpost can make such change.

It does not matter how weight is the helmet - just that I do not have to feel any pain wearing it.

that's OK John - Specialized is "special" for a reason. Cool

I was supposed to ride 3 days but my hands started hurting again after day 1 so I took a recovery day instead on day 2 (hurt the nerves in my hands from getting COOKED on this very ride last year). I'm glad I did because day 3 had a bunch of monsters to climb, which actually were tons of fun (b/c you get to go down what you climb up, right?)  Regarding ride times - this type of ride is an honor ride where we stopped several times along the way to honor law enforcement officers and correctional officers who lost their lives in the line of duty.  During these stops, we read ODMP (Officer Down Memorial Pages) and met with survivor families - it's definitely a humbling experience.  As a result of the stops, etc - both days were in excess of 10 hour days.  That's ok though - the little suffering we go through during the ride is nothing compared to that of the survivor families, right?   The neat thing is that a lot of the group this year did the whole 13 days! They'll have ridden just shy of 1,000 miles by tomorrow (which is day 13).